Project JJ (Jamaica)

thanks man. yea your 4-1 definitely helps with you maintaining your power

actually the n14 BELONGED to my tuner. unfortunately it cashed a few weeks ago. totaled.

what's your power craig?

link to your project?

peace

oh my god, gutted that n14 was sweet

well the only power run i have was while tuning, on a dyno dynamics which has a bit of a reputation for being a heartbreaker and i got 173whp. But the car's running sweet and butt dyno says no to 173whp lol, either that or just difference between UK and US figures. I wanna get on a dynojet soon to compare properly to more US like figures

here's my build thread, it's a bit long and full of some boring stuff so the links to page54, mapping day, but feel free to read it all if you're bored :lol:

http://www.almeraownersclub.com/threads/33663-Craig-s-VVL-Datsun-Sunny/page54

nice one dude, good figures there, the main thing is its running nice, gaining a few ponies is just a bonus, now get it to the track and kick its cunt in

this is the sr16ve non n1 cams (before +3,-5 settings) vs n1 with 0,-3 (present set up)

IMG-20110228-00381.jpg

i ran last weekend

results were not so good

best time was 14.1

i qualified with a 14.2. of my 3 qualifying runs, i messed up the 1st - missed 2nd, and the 3rd was a light malfunction.

lost in 1st elimination run. dont know what the hell happened but got a 2.6 sixty ft. my rx was pretty decent 0.7

think i didnt pre-load properly hence car bogged

next?

1. try back the +3, -5 cam gear setting. my tuner says my graph is a bit peaky

2. get rid of that short shifter. missing gears too regular since i installed it

peace

Funny how similar specs over here get 170ish whp, compared to 190whp everywhere else in the world!
We obviously have similar power, because of the track terminal speeds.

Good result, but better mapping will hold the power past 7200.

driver, tyres, power band, power to weight

my friend used 192whp and did 13.1 (more than once) in a n14 pulsar on our 'not so perfect tracks. go figure.

all my times are with street tyres

and yes, dynos vary. there is no way a healthy n1-cammed car would dyno 170whp on our dyno. with right tune, even with a 2.5" exhaust and stock header it would read at least 185+.

the dyno is just for reference anyways. as long as you use the same one

turns out my motor mount was bad, hence not going in 5th on my way from the track and probably wasnt putting down the power

got a used one:

IMG-20110302-00384.jpg

gonna remove the rubber and put this in:

IMG-20110302-00388.jpg

pics in a while

i have also removed the short shifter. tired of missing 2nd gear

peace

you had your car on a weigh bridge?

my old one came in at 1070kg when i did my 14.02, that was on street tyres too with a 2.25 60ft

you had your car on a weigh bridge?

my old one came in at 1070kg when i did my 14.02, that was on street tyres too with a 2.25 60ft

no.

with the r20ve and extra parts from vz-r (bars), it should weigh a bit over 2400lbs

i weigh 175 lbs

peace

just coming back from the mechanic.

before:
IMG-20110302-00391.jpg

no wonder i was getting so much vibration. doubt the all power was being put to the ground
the wrong mount was used there from day one

after:
IMG-20110302-00393.jpg

now she feels as smooth as can be

peace

my driver side mount was damaged as well so I am gonna change that today. due to the mount in the pic damaged, the motor dropped to the rear and messed up this other mount.

wanted to get the prothane mount for that one too but these things are hard to come by this side

all my other mounts are prothane so i gonna use a genuine one there for the time being until i get the prothane

wanna do that today

peace

so the damaged rear motor mount caused damage to the driver side mount so i got it replaced as well. stock for now until i get prothane.

before:

IMG-20110302-00394.jpg

after
IMG-20110305-00418.jpg

IMG-20110305-00425.jpg

peace

Also installed this grounding kit. dont think it will do much but for about US$24 (used), it didnt cost much

IMG-20110305-00415.jpg

will post a pic when i cleaned up the bay. grounded the intake manifold, cylinder head, block and chassis

Also cut out the mesh from my afm.. more air in i was told. lol

IMG-20110305-00426.jpg

peace

so i finally got back a poly mount for the driver side. the stock one i put in was temporary

IMG-20110311-00462.jpg

mount-stock.jpg

stock mount after one week of driving. one day of hard launch. not sure it would have lasted a month

peace

all good work there fella, need more pictures of the car as a whole. least where you are, the VZR wont rust lol no more missed gears now ay :smartass:
david

you didnt have to cut out the mesh in the AFM, it pops out quite happily as a disc if you push it from the otherside

Back
Top Bottom