Project JJ (Jamaica)

made a few passes on an unofficial strip.

wheel hop now gone, thanks to all four poly mounts.

shifting not so smooth. gonna check out the cable

this was a run was done last week against a 199whp vz-R. i had no back seat, he was full interior: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbMTtCJ_l10

funny he has 17" tyres and done the 1320 in 3rd. i have 15" and finihes about 6400rpm in 4th. we both have sr16 tranny.

peace

so she was losing engine oil at the tappets due to a faulty (non genuine seal)

got it replaced. took the opportunity to paint he tappets (at least a spare one i got from a friend to prevent down time), paint the ends of my strut bar and put back my cam settings at +3, -5 as were with the non n1 sr16 cams

before:
IMG-20110315-00475-1.jpg

after
IMG-20110317-00490.jpg

correct valve cover gasket:
IMG-20110316-00478.jpg

took the chance to inspect my plugs:
IMG-20110318-00496.jpg

random pic:
IMG-20110318-00497.jpg

when i get some of the dirt out the bay a take a more complete pic

peace

nice man

how much oil were you losing through the gasket? cos mine looks to be leakin from the gasket too after a non genuine gasket i had to use with no choice one day, seems to let a fair bit of oil out

nice man

how much oil were you losing through the gasket? cos mine looks to be leakin from the gasket too after a non genuine gasket i had to use with no choice one day, seems to let a fair bit of oil out

quite a bit of oil, you know

in 500km it lost about half quart. worse thing is that i use 10-30 fully synthetic which is quite expensive!

and it can be quite deceiving, because u lose the oil while driving so you dont see it dripping. it blows away it seems. sometimes i could actually smell it sometimes when i stop @ the toll booth.

just get a genuine one - the part # posted. trust me there is a marked difference. sorry i didnt get a pic of old one. two completely different gaskets. the non genuine leaked all around. at one time i was thinking my tappets cover bolts were bad.

you should see it now? NOT A SINGLE SWEAT OF OIL :smile:

let me know how it goes

peace

man that is the exact same story as mine, shit load of oil loss, no drips, no smoke so it wasn't being burnt like i first panicked lol

gotta be this shoddy gasket, this is why i never let anyone touch my car now lol, was kinda forced into lettin the garage fit it for mw while stuck at work.

genuine one on the way!

it's worth noting that according to the service manual you are supposed to use instant gasket along with the rubber gasket on the rocker cover, especially taking care on the half circle sections at either side :)

it's worth noting that according to the service manual you are supposed to use instant gasket along with the rubber gasket on the rocker cover, especially taking care on the half circle sections at either side :)

yep

even with the new genuine gasket, ultra grey silicone was used in the half circle only

the rest of the gasket sealed perfectly

the non genuine did not have any lip on the gasket - at the part that sits between the tappets cover and the head

peace

IMG-20110319-00505.jpg

IMG-20110319-00506.jpg

IMG-20110319-00507.jpg

IMG-20110319-00508.jpg

okay okay...

next time i promise i will post some interior and exterior pics, even though nothing has changed

next mods? hmmmmm?

maybe a bigger tb
maybe an intake manifold
maybe springs and retainers

my music system

peace

some of you guys have been asking for pics but not much has changed except that i need back my bumper lights.

i dont think i will ever get my car clean so i took some pics today as it was

IMG-20110326-00644.jpg

IMG-20110326-00645.jpg

IMG-20110326-00648.jpg

jjrear.jpg

IMG-20110326-00646.jpg

IMG-20110326-00643.jpg

IMG-20110326-00640.jpg

IMG-20110326-00642.jpg

peace

that looks fucking cleanman.. love it..

thank you, sir

but since the car was painted last year, it was not taken back to compound and buff due to time factor

my spray-man says he will try and do this weekend

when the $ is right, i will also do an interior job

peace

Back
Top Bottom