Project JJ (Jamaica)

Just read through this thread and nuff respect for the build & condition of your whip, whereabouts are you as when I go visit family would like to see this in da flesh & on da strip?

Did you notice any diff with the Heatbox? I fitted a HKS filter yest and Taught it slowed me down a nice bit , maybe its due to heat? Im going to do someting Similar to yours soon and try again

Did you notice any diff with the Heatbox? I fitted a HKS filter yest and Taught it slowed me down a nice bit , maybe its due to heat? Im going to do someting Similar to yours soon and try again

mine is not really a heatbox. i just tried something really. the temp difference will be minimal

u may want to do a proper box and relocate your battery to rear

also get the box heat wrapped

peace

well preparing for some higher revving...

brian crower valve springs installed today

bcsprings.jpg

bcandstockvalvesprings.jpg

changingvalvesprings.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HE3trp4guU

more to come in next few weeks

peace

so in preparation to rev to 9000 rpm (now @ 8500), i installed BC springs. the modded ssac i had (4-2-1) was also removed and replaced with a custom 4-1 made by my friend - Blo0d. hopefully this will help me in the higher rpm.

was installed yesterday

pics

4-1f.jpg

4-1

4-1.jpg

ground clearance

4-1c.jpg

from above. not so neat because the heat wrap was not enough

4-1d.jpg

random shot

4-1e.jpg

finished product

4-1b.jpg

luckily my fan near to the alternator had flat motor

peace

may pen

peace

May Pen - Clarendon is where my Mom's family is from we hail from nearer to Frankfield over by crooked river. Small world will defo have to check out this build when I next go visit family.

Sent from my iPhone® using Tapatalk

@ B132.0, thanks

one of my reasons for going valve springs and 9k rev limit was see if i could try and finish the 1320 in 3rd.

with the sr16ve tranny and 8500rpm limit, i was shifting just before the finish line.

did a test this morning with apexi rsm and i am now finishing the 1320 at about 8800rpm in 3rd

peace

it means good on you for trying something different. it not easy or cheap to make a good n/a header

cool

this header was made my friend. tested and proven. 13.14 on a n14 gti with slicks and 192whp. better driver though and some weight reduction

it cost him quite a bit to build but luckily he is selling me for less than half what it cost him

we are in the same team - wolVEpack!

peace

Its not pretty but it should work pretty well and hold power a bit better at higher RPM.

Are you going to re-dyno the car at all with the new header and higher rev limit..or just going to compare 1/4 times to your previous best?

Its not pretty but it should work pretty well and hold power a bit better at higher RPM.

Are you going to re-dyno the car at all with the new header and higher rev limit..or just going to compare 1/4 times to your previous best?

function over looks, but it could have looked much better if i wasnt rushing and waited and got proper heat wrap

will dyno tune but my tuner has exams next week so he is not available

but i have a safe enough tune to race next week

so i will dyno tune some time in july

i expect the header to make similar whp as the modified ssac, but it should hold peak power better

peace

Back
Top Bottom