Project Sleeper

the CAS is the distributer.. theres an optical disc in the distributer that has slots in it.. so you need to swap the distributer for one you know that works

you do realise it could also be the headgasget or piston rings if the compression is down that that would cause it to run seriously badly and would cause it to stall..

it was syms old gti, which was as far as i can tell was serviced by Nissan right up to 71k. there's 74k on it now with no service history between.

can things like, rings, gaskets, that just go all of a sudden?

it was working fine right up to when stewarty04 took out the cams.... since then i had put in stock sr20 cams.

so it could it be the distributor then.... all four plugs are sparking fine.... off the block, sparking away

Now that you have the maf sensor and exhaust fitted, will it hold a reasonable idle speed (1000-1500rpm) if you hold the throttle open slightly?

not sure ill check to see but i doubt it. ive a boy thats gonna look at it for me. a real sr20 guru, im in dire need to get it running, planned to swap things over early week.

need to get the enigne to him at the weekend so he can look at it

Get it running in the GTi first mate, will save you a lot of trouble if the engine's scrap..
Don't wanna see you swap in a duff engine mate, waste of effort :)
Possibly do a leakdown test to check piston rings?
x

Oh, I'm going to follow this thread carefully since I'm thinking about doing a GA16 - SR20 swap, so I hope I can learn some from your GA14 swap!

Keep up the good work, and good luck with everything!

was it me or was there no jubilee clip on the rubber inlet hose goin to the TB? could a slight vac leak make it idle shite?

also, lamba/maf all ok?

so it's idling on it's own and revving properly now, but just surging a bit like that in the vid?

going to rip the engine out and get it down to this guy on saturday so he can look it over

rough estimates in how long it will take?

all i want is the engine out so i can chuck it in the back of the van and get it to him

well guys some good news!

took the engine in the back of the work van for a road trip lastnight to a guy i got informed about... shit hot with the SR's, RB's, mainly nissan and vauxhall's. done an RB conversion on robs mates 200!

so after a 110 mile round trip, i have been told that my timing is 100% correct... phew, and that it must be an air leak, advised to get the engine into the other car, standard air box back on and make sure that the air intake is tight and secure and if im still having problems to get it back down to him and he will stick the Datascan onto it to get live readings.

showed him a video of the car running and he said that it would most probably be an air leak... inlet manifold... ACC valve (no gasket on there).... air box... anywhere on the intake/breather hoses etc

by the time im finished and ready to take it back to him ill have a full autech exhaust system on it with SSC manifold with stock air intake

went in balls deep tonight and the GA is out. had it done in about 2.5 hours

needless to say im happy as a pig in shit at the moment

roll on saturday

getting it into the front garden was funny

picture this blue nylon rope tied round the cross member were it bolts onto the car.... me and rob pulling it..... 1 2 3 pull, engine moves slightly, about a foot.... almost through the gate..... 1 2 3 pull......commence him flying backwards into the bush and me rolling back and landing practically upside down.... needless to say it was funny as fuck! wish i got it on camera!

roll on saturday

picture this blue nylon rope tied round the cross member were it bolts onto the car.... me and rob pulling it..... 1 2 3 pull, engine moves slightly, about a foot.... almost through the gate..... 1 2 3 pull......commence him flying backwards into the bush and me rolling back and landing practically upside down.... needless to say it was funny as fuck! wish i got it on camera!

:lol:

roll on saturday

Yea chris that was funny as fuk, couldnt stop pissin myself lol

Back
Top Bottom