Project Sleeper

tonight ill be trying to get the ecu loom out from the inside of the cars and swap them over

sorry for the lack of pic's guys but im trying to get things done as quick as possible

There isn't an ECU loom... The ECU plugs directly into the engine loom, and the engine loom also connects to the interior loom..
Joe

Oh god so after all that you meant the steering column!! Haha
Well its not essential no.. But its MUCH easier than drilling the Ignition barrel off the GTi column and retro fitting it to the GX column..
It only takes 10mins approx to swap it over anyway boss..
And as for the ECU.. yeah just feed the new engine loom through the bulkhead and plug into the GX's interior loom with two plugs, and plug the ECU in obviously..
The engine loom also connects to the headlight/radiator wiring just behind the driver headlight.. 3 plugs there mate.
And you should be away.
I still think this engine is a waste of time fitting though boss, if the timing's spot on and you still aint figured out why its down on compression....
But hey ho.
All the best.. Joe

big thanks for the info joe, managed to get the gti column out before i read your post, thought i may as well have it at hand today

got the nats box and other bits and bobs too so were well geared up for today's activities

the weather here is shit and im gonna throw up the gazebo lol

first things first. FOOD!!!!!!!

wish me luck

Success, yet im very hungry, sore, tired, an in desperit need of a vodka . . any chance ya can get of the forum an come pik me up lol

But anyway, yea, 15 hours str8 was good going, eileens kitchen makes some good bacon burgers lol

So where's the pictures ?

on the camera lol

there aint many to be honest, too busy trying to get it completed in the day that i gave myself

got the engine in and running in 14 hours, 5 of which in the pissing rain :(

all i had to do after that was bleed the brakes but that was done on sunday which took all of 45 mins

ate a primera slx off the lights lastnight, was well chuffed, had him the whole way till i backed off... thankfully i did as the popo were on the other side of the road.

he didnt see that coming lol

Back
Top Bottom