Raceworx's SR16VE Saloon

yeah i did a little tweak and ther eboth coming in at 5600RPM :P

im coming i tihnk man.. like i said still hoping for a 15.5 on the 1/4

wow, 70mph in 2nd? Awesome!

Coming along nicely, and big rsspect for doing all this work to a saloon rather than start off with a GTi

Keep up the good work :)

where did you hear that 98?

duno about making it better i want to make it adjustable so its on a switch then when i have it dyno'd do one with it activating at 5600 and one standard and see if theres any difference mid range..

okay so on the wwekend i made a few more little tweeks

i fitted the Lamba sensor now there fitted at the back of the engine on the VZR on the downpipe the SSautochrome has a space for it but the sensor is that long it fouls the gear linkage and bashed the floor like hell.. so i swapped it to the front but i had to extend the wires.. i also had to put a different plug on the VZR is wired the other way it has a femal plug on the wiring loom and a male on the sensore but on the GTi the sensore is a femal..

02052009927.jpg

also fitted 195/45/15 tryes to 2 spare ones GTi alloys i have

02052009926.jpg

im refurbing my other wheels but can anyone say camber?

02052009928.jpg

thats only a few thousand miles!

Also this is why euro style will never work on an almera with 15" wheels :-

02052009930.jpg

thats 3 fingers off the ground it scrapped everywhere the slightest bump and its on the floor! and the wheels dont even remotly fill the arches! i still stand by my convictions you want dub style you need 17's with a deep dish!

I had to do that with the lambda aswell mate, works fine now though.
I read about one of the NZ guys that had single activation on his VE & before remap found his AFR was 10.6 at the change point.

Does it feel any better mate? I heard that you gain very little by doing this & it can be bad for the engine.

I had to do that with the lambda aswell mate, works fine now though.
I read about one of the NZ guys that had single activation on his VE & before remap found his AFR was 10.6 at the change point.

From my very limited knowledge on VVL, the extra power from the highlobes is yes from higher lift and more duration but also overlap...So bringing them in at lower revs without knowing what's going on will mess with the timing and burn. Did you revert the switching points back whle at the 1/4 mile and see what you run?

Sweet but how wierd is it seeing yours and damo-sri's old car with the same wheels, painted exactly the same on the same day?

just out of daftness one night i set my MSS up for both cams to switch at 5k and it felt slower

interesting that...when dyno mapping mine, the activation was set at seperate points, but in the end they were returned to the same point as that made the best gains....

suppose that could be down to the standard cams I have in there...

well after the police incident i needed an exhaust.. tommo had already hooked me up with phill at unique exhausts stafford back in the micra days so i gave him a bell and got booked in for a 3" mandrel bent cat back...

19062009972.jpg

19062009974.jpg

19062009973.jpg

19062009971.jpg

sounds really quiet lol can only jsut hear when the cams kick in! so much for 3" will be too loud.. its really deep so i might have to take the cat out and get some rasp back..

and the price!

£250 all in :D fucking awsome job at credit crunch prices!

Back
Top Bottom