Raceworx's SR16VE Saloon

i had a read alot say there just standard pressure plates sprayed red! bu thats fine i just wanted a clutch.. the flywheel was more the important bit free up even more revs :D

Sweet project first time too see this tread. i had a saloon all moded years ago.u can still get the oem flat spoiler from nissan its nice and not over the top.

Good to see some more VE powered cars on the site!

Now get yourself a new head gasket, SR20 crank and some Eagle rods, and stick the SR16 pistons on the end of them.

Voila...2 litre VE on a budget!

Good to see some more VE powered cars on the site!

Now get yourself a new head gasket, SR20 crank and some Eagle rods, and stick the SR16 pistons on the end of them.

Voila...2 litre VE on a budget!

Sr16 pistons with sr20 crank and rods would yeild about 12.5:1 going on the americans!!
so you would need to shave the pistons 1mm or a .5mm thicker head gasket to get about 12:1

I suppose it all depends what fuel you plan using?!

I used sr20ve pistons in mine which with an N1 head gives me about 11.8:1 (N1 head shaved 1mm compared to SR16VE)

hey dave im really thinking about stroking it but i like the idea of it being a 1.6.. i have rods can get pistons from a 20v cheap only thing i would want is an 8cw crank for reliability.. but it will go in a 1.6 for now. im just having to resist the urge to gutt it and go after the 20DE times..

Lads the 4cw crank will be fine! Loads of ppl in america have been running it for over 50k miles without any probs.

People think they wont hold out because nissan changed from 4 to 8 in some engines but Nissan have to test there engines for huge mileage. 200-300?

Sr16 pistons with sr20 crank and rods would yeild about 12.5:1 going on the americans!!
so you would need to shave the pistons 1mm or a .5mm thicker head gasket to get about 12:1

I suppose it all depends what fuel you plan using?!

I used sr20ve pistons in mine which with an N1 head gives me about 11.8:1 (N1 head shaved 1mm compared to SR16VE)

12.5:1 on Optimax / V-Power is OK. If you are gonna map it, then just dial out some ignition timing if needed...nothing major.

As for the crank...go with the 4 CW crank. I rev mine to 8500 rpm and don't have bearing wear issues.

You'll also have the VE oil pump so go mad!

Cheers

Dave

ill see i have 2 4cw laying about plus rods be nice just gaining 75+bhp though ga to sr.. i dont have cash to try and play with the big boys so and the engine is so low milage it seems a shame to take it apat could leave it stock get a t28 run 10psi and have a giggle..

i know i do but i dont have £2000 spare for a GT2871R plus intercooler plusinjectors plus pluming plus mapping! the id want more and need another 2k for pistons and rods!

now if dave is running a 4cw thats proof in the pudding!!

It'd be so easy change crank and rods while engine out....

Stay N/A anyway.... how much would it cost to stroke it since you have all the parts!

2k for all the build up parts turbo included... its $800 for 16 rods from greg $500+ for forged pistons from mazworx plus shippin then you need bearing new head bolts all the build part need to be factord in.. im being realistic to do it properly id bet you would spend 4k all in new for everything

POC:- id have to order the pistons new bearings then take apart a fresh engine and rebuild with new gasgets ect would cost me a couple of hundred...

as dave said above if you run on optimax the sr16ve pistons would be fine, we have shit fuel in Ireland so i wanted to stay under 12:1

Sure i took apart an sr20ve as clean as yours for mine, it's all for the better!!

At least you have a way of getting power easy in the future.

So, unless you've been living in a cave for the last 2 weeks, you'll know that the front of the car needed fixing. Well, we've tried but it didnt help that the temporary replacement bonnet was itself creased rather badly and as such didnt sit right - wasnt noticeable on the car in the scrapyard. The bumper needs spraying also but hey its driveable now.

Scrap:
IMG_3331.jpg

Before Bending:
IMG_3332.jpg

After Bending:
IMG_3335.jpg

The joys of P1 and P2 differences, the slam bar doesnt fit without a P2 crush leg:
IMG_3337.jpg

Lights and grille in:
IMG_3339.jpg

Note panel gap due to bonnet being V shaped:
IMG_3341.jpg

Still got to pick up new (mint) bonnet and rad, and it looks like Ian's going to get the bumper and sidestrip damage done at the same time as the arches, it's going to end up looking like the 4 door version of shaggys car!

Sad Ian:
IMG_3345.jpg

Back
Top Bottom