Red Nemesis Dog: Pulsar Autech

New Battery to replace the original one that came with the car yesterday - was showing 80% capacity, but I guess that isn't bad after 65000 miles and 14 years for one of those lightweight batteries

Oh yeah, this is mine now... has been for the past few months
Got this in the post today:
IMG_1673.jpg

Hopefully it should solve my misfiring woes (The rotor arm kept working itself loose on the spindle and was chewing up the dizzy cap). Ross did kindly send me one but one of the prongs broke off in transit :(
I ummed and arr'd for ages before biting the bullet and getting a new one.
Spraying the bumper properly is next on the list.

So maybe I should update this..

Dad agreed to sell me the Autech (He's combining attributes of the landy and the pulsar and bought a Legacy GT Estate twin turbo), I couldn't turn down such a car considering it's rust free, rare, tyte etc.
Sam took me up to Halifax to get it, we resprayed the land rover satin black while we were there.
Pic111.jpg

Twin 'techs
Pic109.jpg

Pic113.jpg

The bad news was it developed a problem on the way back. It turned out the rotor arm was loose on its spindle. When the engine heated up it came loose and started to chew through the dizzy cap. It would misfire and refuse to rev, and eventually cut out entirely. We had a few episodes of stop, put it back on, drive, cut out, stop, back together. Had to stop in Birmingham eventually and shaggy came to the rescue in the form of a lowport dizzy, which we salvaged the cap and arm from. The car survived the drive back but cut out coming into my street!
Stuck near brum
Pic115.jpg

Pic116.jpg

Pic114.jpg

Back at home, did a quick rattle can job on the bumper as couldn't stand the primer look.
Pic117.jpg

67751_10150294568525323_607590322_14944653_7565495_n.jpg

65948_10150294568745323_607590322_14944661_4976787_n.jpg

Now the dizzy is here, hopefully my woes will be over (Although it is a pattern dizzy).

finally some pics of the autechs together, looks great corbo, love these in black

whats the plans dude? keeping it standard like your father intended?

Steve

At the moment I'd just like to drive it! Not done so since it was bought.

Forgot to add Sam got me some BULGE (Clear), may tint them yellow. They are on in the last few pics.

It's pretty high, but the bumper goes down sooo far.

looking good corbs. wish i had a rust free car. whats happenig with the 5 door now

Drive Miriam all the time, she needs a fair bit doing on it. Don't want to park the Autech in Bedminster really as its likely to get vandalised. Unlikely to drive it much over winter to be honest.

It works! In a way...
I fitted the new dizzy, but it wouldn't fire up, tried adjusting it a lot but no success. I then noticed the bottom slider didn't line up with the bolt hole. Cranked the dizzy right back and it worked. Only problem is now the top bolt doesn't hold it properly (And I need to take the dremel to the bottom one), need to find a more permanent solution.
At Sam's we took apart the old dizzy and the one Ross sent me, but both seem to have the same problem of the rotor arm not clipping on properly, tried with 3 different rotor arms, they all just slip off, very odd.
Anyway, PICS
They were both filthy by this point
IMG_1700.jpg

IMG_1703.jpg

IMG_1705.jpg

Theres a small dent in the rear quarter I want pulled out, hard to see it in the pic but it's just under the window.
IMG_1706.jpg

IMG_1707.jpg

had a play with the long exposure settings

IMG_1713.jpg

B4 nearly finished
IMG_1719.jpg

Ride height difference is shocking
IMG_1722.jpg

IMG_1723.jpg

IMG_1725.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

IMG_1733.jpg