Red Nemesis Dog: Pulsar Autech

Today we swapped the VZR rears onto the Autech, and following Ross' lead, the GTi distributor from Miriam bolted up and now runs perfectly!

Bizarrely, the odd dizzy that was bodge fitted on the Autech is now fitted to Miriam, fits perfectly and she runs fine. How odd!

Autech is fast :)

a freshly MOT'd GTi :)

IMAG0388.jpg

IMAG0387.jpg

IMAG0386.jpg

i forget how fast autech is :(

front bumper please :D

NEIN.
I may yet swap the black wheels from Miriam over, and tint ma buuuuulge to match (Or spray the wheels graphite grey).
Also want to figure out how to fit my eibach springs to my kyb shocks.
Front bumper needs a good t-cut.

NEIN.
I may yet swap the black wheels from Miriam over, and tint ma buuuuulge to match (Or spray the wheels graphite grey).
Also want to figure out how to fit my eibach springs to my kyb shocks.
Front bumper needs a good t-cut.

you wont if they are my old Eibachs, they're P2 ones. Or do you have new springs?

I forgot to mention it earlier but the wheels looked a dark grey and it looked awesome I think thats the route you should go :)

oh and did it run fine when you first swapped the dizzy? :tooth:

Looking good corbs :) I can't wait to join the autech crew :lol: I hope I don't run into any problems going from Lincolnshire back to Newcastle :(

Wolverine - hope it'll be fine dude and you can get the tech back to its former glory :)

Sam: No, bloody leads.
you wont if they are my old Eibachs, they're P2 ones. Or do you have new springs?
I was wondering if the P1 lower spring housing could be modified to accept P2 springs, as if the top mounts are different, I can swap out the P2 ones.

Spats on the autech?

Nah they're just Autech mud flaps, they're a bit bigger than UK ones and are colour coded.

Since I still have Audrey I played with her a bit, after swapping to the GTi dizzy and all problems being solved.... for a little while, on a trip to cornwall he had said it got rather jerky after a while, I had a poke and noticed no bolts in the dizzy so it was just wobblin around, I have put some new bolts in now and hopefully shouldnt have any more issues.

Yesterday I timed her up AGAIN and did a compression check.

Cylinder 1
IMAG0539.jpg

Cylinder 2
IMAG0542.jpg

Cylinder 3
IMAG0543.jpg

Cylinder 4
IMAG0544.jpg

all good :)

though interesting to note when comparing to mine that they are all around 20psi lower....

Back
Top Bottom