Ricks BP0 GTI

I thought those hrc pump required a adjustable regulator as that what it said with mine?? That maybe why it flooding but mine isnt? Really lookibg forward to your results friday should answer all our questions!!!!! Give us a idea what these beastie cams can do

I can see what you are saying rich, but CATcams are only advertising it will work on the OEM valvetrain, which it does.

They actually state the following too: "ONLY for dirt track applications and pro street use with adjustable engine management or carburettors"

Yeah, but mine are for "race engines only" and runs better than ricks. Ive been doing some tinkering today and managed to significantly improve the auyechs power band, so ill be tackling ricks tommorrow.

I thought those hrc pump required a adjustable regulator as that what it said with mine?? That maybe why it flooding but mine isnt? Really lookibg forward to your results friday should answer all our questions!!!!! Give us a idea what these beastie cams can do

No you do not need an afpr. My fuelling is perfect with a hrc pump and stock fpr.

S3R's are tame compared to these. I'll find out exactly the best course of action come Friday though.

I'm still running a stock fpr and still need to adjust the cold idle to let more air in on start up. Fuel filter could do with a change as well.

Getting a adjustable fpr and getting more in might be enough to get these running much better but will wait on seeing my afr's and rolling road print out on friday.

I'm also considering getting a standard airbox and panel filter to compare against the k&n. Might flow better.

Rick double check with Steve from FCTuning as even if car fueling is spot on for standard map etc depending on how your map is tuned via NIStune he may well want to adjust fuel pressure so having an afpr to fit just in case will save you possible headaches when getting the car mapped.

No you do not need an afpr. My fuelling is perfect with a hrc pump and stock fpr.

I recall Steve's favorite saying is the map is only as good as the prep carried out prior to it. So fresh plugs, oil etc are always recommended by him. Sorry if you already know all this but thought I'd chime in to save you having to sort it on the day as I've seen some having to do, all costing them money on dyno time etc.

Yeah, but mine are for "race engines only" and runs better than ricks.

Thats not really a fair comparison since you have an Autech ECU designed to run a higher comp, cammed engine.

I wasnt intending to get into a debate, i was just answering Rich's question and stating that the cams are recconmended to be supported with a re-tune, as should any decent engine upgrade.

Asking the stock ECU to deal with a 40degree hike in cam duration is a bit too much to ask :)

Steve won't need an AFPR to give more fuel. Nistune is perfectly capable of giving more fuel without increasing the pressure in the rail.

Duncan will be limited with what he can do on Friday though without an AFPR but at least you'll get AFR readings.

Steve won't need an AFPR to give more fuel. Nistune is perfectly capable of giving more fuel without increasing the pressure in the rail.

Duncan will be limited with what he can do on Friday though without an AFPR but at least you'll get AFR readings.

Yeah, i know. The only thing i'll be able to play about with is the timing really. I'm going to see what's happening with the AFR's to see if i require an AFPR or not.

Thats not really a fair comparison since you have an Autech ECU designed to run a higher comp, cammed engine.

I wasnt intending to get into a debate, i was just answering Rich's question and stating that the cams are recconmended to be supported with a re-tune, as should any decent engine upgrade.

Asking the stock ECU to deal with a 40degree hike in cam duration is a bit too much to ask :)

This is a valid point and i knew you weren't getting into a debat.

The difference in Ross's standard cams to the 503's isn't as bad a jump compared to my standard cams to the 514's.

I knew catcams recommended management and it was always in the back of my mind that i'd need proper mapping, i was just hoping that it would run ok for a bit before getting it done.

At least with me getting these fitted will give valueable information to others who were intending on getting the 514's.

I reckon the 512's would be similar to S3R's in terms of being more a drop in cam.

Got mine running better after retarding the timing. Must be about 13/14 now.

Power kicks in lower now and isn't as jerky low down.

Back
Top Bottom