Ricks BP0 GTI

Glad to hear it mate, I've been put off getting any catcams from the experiences recently, just hope that mapping can help make them perform much better!

Edit: I meant to say been put off by any much bigger cam in general (be it catcams or jwt), due to needing a remap at same time really.

Glad to hear it mate, I've been put off getting any catcams from the experiences recently, just hope that mapping can help make them perform much better!

No doubt that mapping will sort them out properly bud.

Just wonder how soon i'll be able to get the mapping done.

Altered to 17 no difference so retuned to oem then just hokding out for remap. 21 days and by god im counting. Flooded again this morning. :-(

Anyone that thinks they can fit these big cams, and expect them to run `normally` without adjustment/mapping as a daily is deluded. I`m the first and only other UK member to fit some. Mine were bigger, and had the same issues as Ricks and Daves. I`ve already posted a fix.

Right. When you fit tgese you need to retard your timing to approximately 13*

I know rick said its advanced but it is retarded.

I never checked it with a light as it was more trialing to make it more drivable.

Thr butt dyno and the ear lambda say its better as it pulls harder and pops a lot less (note : less, not none) indicating to me a more complete burn.

Feel free to say "oh you shouldnt just guess this" but i have and it worked.

Proper setting up will be done friday

Im sure these are just teething problems with a relatively new (to this forum at least) product. After it been setup on the dyno it should throw up some timing and fueling settings for others wanting to use the same or similar cams.

Right. When you fit tgese you need to retard your timing to approximately 13*

I know rick said its advanced but it is retarded.

I never checked it with a light as it was more trialing to make it more drivable.

Thr butt dyno and the ear lambda say its better as it pulls harder and pops a lot less (note : less, not none) indicating to me a more complete burn.

Feel free to say "oh you shouldnt just guess this" but i have and it worked.

Proper setting up will be done friday
arh i see ill do this tonight try it too thanks. Rowdy i dont think we knew what would happen they q untried cam really. It annoying but not fussed as i know with sprocket adjustment and full nistune these will run and perform lovley

Anyone that thinks they can fit these big cams, and expect them to run `normally` without adjustment/mapping as a daily is deluded. I`m the first and only other UK member to fit some. Mine were bigger, and had the same issues as Ricks and Daves. I`ve already posted a fix.

I've altered the cold idle as much as i could but still doesn't start on it's own. Needs gas to start it regardless. No biggie, i can live with that just now.

Once warmed up it's fine to drive and power kicks in about 2.5k now.

On a side note, i've just dropped my white wheels off to get 4 new tyres fitted.

Decided to give the Neuton NT5000's a go after Sam's recommendation. They are getting amazing reveiws just now and are relatively cheap as well.

I'll give a review once they're fitted.

Reactions: edk
i worry that some people reading this seem to be thinkin of it being an issue with catcams or teething problems or anything

like rowdy said it's obvious with such a big hike in duration mapping will be essential

glad you gettin it sorted rick and very much luck forward to seeing the gains these bring. I think for de's this catcams range is awesome for choice and size of cam!

i worry that some people reading this seem to be thinkin of it being an issue with catcams or teething problems or anything

like rowdy said it's obvious with such a big hike in duration mapping will be essential

glad you gettin it sorted rick and very much luck forward to seeing the gains these bring. I think for de's this catcams range is awesome for choice and size of cam!

I was never deluded on them running perfect with mapping. I was always getting it done, was just hoping i could run them for longer before getting mapping done.

Come Friday, the RR results will be in for them without mapping and come Sunday what it'll do on the 1/4 without mapping.

Then we can compare after mapping.

No denying it though, these are some good cams.

tbh mine runs AMAZING with the 503's.

i know where dale is coming from, but the ALLEGED duration of autech cams is 232* and the catcams are 275ish.

dialling in the timing perfect is key, but i think that could be all thats really needed to make em run sweet. i stand by my "stock ecu can do it" for now. my tune might change on friday though.

Can't wait to see the final results after mapping. Very interested in these cams myself so want to see how they fair out

I was never deluded on them running perfect with mapping. I was always getting it done, was just hoping i could run them for longer before getting mapping done.

Come Friday, the RR results will be in for them without mapping and come Sunday what it'll do on the 1/4 without mapping.

Then we can compare after mapping.

No denying it though, these are some good cams.

oh yeh i know you weren't mate, i was more getting at anyone else who might think about buying them and then be put off

ross i agree with dale too, the increased comp of yours n stuff will make it easier...

plus i think you have a point in that the stock ecu 'can do it' - but i don't think it can do it well. Whats the point spending 400quid on cams of a pretty big size and then not tuning it to make the most out of them - they're only as good as the weak link.

I think these cams have big protential witha full remap and with sprockets to pull that high power band down tgese really could be some monster de cams delivering some tasy figures!!!!

Back
Top Bottom