Ross Autech

Very nice! There's a Autech Bumper and spoiler on ebay that would look great if you wanted to get it back to it's original look. Glad this car has stayed in the club.

Wel done ross, speedy work, keep it up.

im sure its straight forward to do, but just didnt look, my drivers door 'clunks' closed, how do you adjust it to stop contact with sill? lossen bolts, lift up and tighten??

Thanks,
Sean

Nice car, wish I had one.

im sure its straight forward to do, but just didnt look, my drivers door 'clunks' closed, how do you adjust it to stop contact with sill? lossen bolts, lift up and tighten??

Thanks,
Sean

Lift the car up with the door. Worked on one of my old GTis.

Thanks,
Sean

yeah thats what mine was doing.

first problem was the hinges were worn, so the door could be lifted up and down. so i replaced the hinges when the wing was off.

i then got rick to take the weight of the door whilst slightly open and loosened the 4 hinge / chassis bolts and got rick to lift it till it was about right. tightened the bolts up while he was holding it and it was fine :)

really a two man job, you cant do it yourself.

that spoiler will be mine as soon as i get the cash together for it. he is supposed to be holding it for me but im not sure...

good buy ross, you dont waste any time and getting stuck into her

was good to meet up with you guys on saturday and see the car

well the GX had the limelight tonight but i got this done for the autech

the car only came with one folding mirror, so i figured i could whip something up

i had a pair of Primera import folding mirrors and a pair of almera GTi mirrors

IMG_0400.jpg

remove the rubber from the plate, its just push fit

IMG_0401.jpg

de-pin the plug so you can push the wires through the small hole

IMG_0402.jpg

remove the three screws securing the mirror unit to the baseplate and pull the wiring through.

IMG_0403.jpg

repeat for the other mirror and reverse for re-assembly. the result, one pair of power folding mirrors

IMG_0404.jpg

the folding mirrors have had a full strip down and re-grease and work perfectly now.

stuck some antifreeze in last night as i think it was just water in the system, so no freezing in the cold weather now.

got some JDM goodness in the post this morning from steve. pics tonight.

took a video of the exhaust lumpyness which is LUVERLY

and me and rick spent 3 hours trying to trace a problem with the wipers... to no avail.

the wipers stop half way up the screen on intermittent wipe... very annoying and also an MOT fail...

Wow.. so we can use Primera Power Folding Mirrors.....!

yup just replace the baseplates.

the mirror covers on primera folding mirrors are exactly the same shape as almera ones.

and the problem with them stopping half way through a fold is due to the grease drying out in the gearbox. i stripped it down, cleaned it out then filled it with white grease and they work perfectly now.

The wipers problem has been randomly happening for years, blast the connector on the back of the motor with cleaner and it sorted it last time (after 18months of that problem). There probably was anti-freeze in the system but best to add more

Back
Top Bottom