Ross Autech

is the intermittant wiper switch on time controlled by the time control unit? if so that's a possible area

yeah there is a control box, i already replaced this to no avail.

Alan i will try that. if it is the connector that is at fault im sure i can sort something out...

anyway more JDM shit, got a massive bulge tonight. and some indicators too :

BULGE.jpg

Thanks to Steve55 for getting them to me rapido!

and the problem with them stopping half way through a fold is due to the grease drying out in the gearbox. i stripped it down, cleaned it out then filled it with white grease and they work perfectly now.

was just going to say this, i had the same problem with the corsas wipers, works a treat,

cars comeing allong nicely!

right ive blasted the wiper motor plug with contact cleaner and my problem still exists.

anyone any more suggestions?

now replaced

Motor
linkages
control box

and the problem is still there.

UK steering column then? Or is that even more of an arse than sourcing JDM stalks?

UK steering column then? Or is that even more of an arse than sourcing JDM stalks?

in theory, i could just use uk stalks on the JDM column. but id have to rewire the plugs as the pins are laid out differently (opposite i think)

swapping the column wont help tbh as its the wiring that is different and that is part of the loom itself.

Same amount of wires going to the column though? I was thinking you could splice in that part of the loom.

Same amount of wires going to the column though? I was thinking you could splice in that part of the loom.

yeah. think so.

im thinking i could depin the plug and put it back together the right way for the UK socket.

the UK stalk plugs in, it just doesnt do what its supposed to do.

here comes the advantage of having a UK almera to consult with.

a mission for sunday. go karting tonight :D

see when you repacked the motor with white grease, did you notice 2 metal spade type things?

i had to straighten mine out as one of them was bent back on its self

Next I removed the motor / linkage assembly. Once this is off the car, there are three small torx headed screws on the motor case. Remove these and carefully and evenly prise off the cover plate. There are several plastic rivets also holding this but they will release if you are careful. Inside the cover plate you will see three copper fingers. The self park circuit is controlled by the two furthest from the centre of the motor. What happens is these fingers lose their tension and don't make a reliable connection with the round disc below. You may even spot signs of arcing, (a black deposit), on the cover plate just above the outermost contact. On the circular metal disc, on the outer edge will be a notch which is infilled with a nylon piece, (you may need to clear away the grease to see fully). On our motor there was a burn mark where the contact had been arcing. Clean this away. Carefully bend the copper fingers down away from the plate so that they now make a reliable connection on the circular disc when the cover is replaced. Repack with grease and if required use a sealant such as hylomar before replacing the cover plate and the screws. Refit the motor and linkage and you should be in business!

right. autech restoration weekend 2

long. ass. day.

• P1 rear lights fitted
  • wiper problem fixed
  • orange indicators fitted
  • airbag light issue resolved

had to dodge about as my grans micra needed fixed and the GX needed made mobile. but the autech is starting to shape up now.

indicators :

IMG_0424.jpg

Back
Top Bottom