Ross Autech

Pressure test the coolant system. As long as it's not contaminating the oil and the cylinder isn't pressurising the coolant system it has to be an 'external' leak like damien says above. 1ltr a day is a fair amount though without obvious signs. Weird.

Mine did the same. Evaporated when it touched the alternator. Wasn't even a big hole, made worse when adding a Nismo rad cap

Steve

Lots of people have had problems with 1.1 rad caps and have gone back to standard, on NPOC and AOC. Common cause it seems.

Now the system has found a weak point you need to replace the hoses/hose clips Ross. I went back to standard and still leaked

Steve

Now the system has found a weak point you need to replace the hoses/hose clips Ross. I went back to standard and still leaked

Steve

the hose clips were replaced recently.

fingers crossed its not the pipe round the back of the block. talk about a mission to get that...

the hose clips were replaced recently.

fingers crossed its not the pipe round the back of the block. talk about a mission to get that...

Mine were new clips too but the pipe snagged under it causing a pinch which only opened under pressure

Sent from my X10i using my penis

Check the weep hole on the W/P, when I had a 1.1 cap on it bust the standard pump eventually. It then blew the blueprint pump after one drive. So I put the standard cap on and fitted a genuine Nissan pump. Check for what looks like chalk on the ARB, it tended to blow that out the weep hole.

As for the ECU trouble, it could be the ECU itself thats playing up? When I had my OBD software connected to it, it took a few attempts to get it to read the ECU, however it worked first time every time on the Skyline which is obviously older.

I had an oopsie...

f370d398.jpg

7c3493a6.jpg

00585424.jpg

9a47a995.jpg

Back
Top Bottom