Ross Autech

Massive shame that mate. Especially after all the prep time and getting Steve up. Gutted for you mate. What's the plan then? New ECU and try again?

dont really think today can be called anything other than a complete failure.

ricks poor results coupled with my non existent results is a pain in the tits.

basically, I sent my ECU to steve, got it back, plugged it in and it ran in limp mode with the fans on and EML on.

sent it back, it was tweaked, got it back, still the same problem.

so this morning we fitted the nistune board to the EGT ecu and still had the same problem.

back on the autech ecu, a few more tweaks and we still had the same problem.

Tested EVERY connection relating to the nistune on the ECU and every one has continuity.

so we basically gave up. until i said to steve "if i can get a DET ECU will the nistune fit?" YES.

so i phoned :

stevenc
dbull
craig
nistro
craig again
same
craig again (asshole never picked up)
wezz

wezz was kind enough to give me Martyn at VSS Irvine's number, who i phoned and begged for a GTIR ecu. but he was in england. but his dad was there! so jump in ricks car (after he refuelled from running out on the dyno) and off to irvine and collect the ECU.

come back and steve is wrapping up mapping on the MR2 so he gets stuck into depinning the EGT ECU and fitting the socket onto the GTIR ecu, chucks the nistune in and swaps the jumper.

ecu in, ignition on, fans on... oh fuck.

so all in all, we have used 3 ecu's all soldered to take nistune and none of them have worked on my car. so my autech ECU is going back to nistune in OZ to be diagnosed and see if there is anything untowards.

the good news is when steve gets back up, he is gonna map my car NA and do me a timing map for N2O, which will allow me to boost a 100 shot safely. and i can switch between the two on the laptop.

Compression test results. Last set were 6 months ago with a bad starter motor

C1

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309736974.555799.jpg

C2

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309737007.387452.jpg

C3

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309737036.540748.jpg

C4

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309737055.721112.jpg

So fairly good at 200 : 200 : 210 : 210

Happ with these results but im losing coolant somewhere. Not obvious signs of a leak but it is losing a lot... Like 1l a day.

Oil is clean, no signs of smoke. So i suspect a leak which is only apparent at high load. I caned it back from hypertech last night at it lost 1.5l somehow.

It's a lot of coolant to be loosing without any obvious signs. You'll have to leave it running somewhere very dry so you can notice any wetness on the floor. Even on tickover i'd expect a leak like that to show up.

It's a lot of coolant to be loosing without any obvious signs. You'll have to leave it running somewhere very dry so you can notice any wetness on the floor. Even on tickover i'd expect a leak like that to show up.

yeah, i left it idling last night to get it up to temp, done it with the rad cap off to try and bleed out any air bubbles from the system.

obviously the leak probly wont show up under those conditions as the system isnt pressurised.

i'll have another stab at it next chance i get free.

maybe the HGs gone between a water jacket and somewhere other than the cylinder so the comp test shows up fine :tongue:

maybe the HGs gone between a water jacket and somewhere other than the cylinder so the comp test shows up fine :tongue:

+1 we borrowed a cheap snake camera the other day ross, and you can read the part number on the piston with it lol :cool:
a slight h/g leak will often steamclean the top of the piston over time eh

I'd bet its a Rad hose mine burst sat just under a jubilee clip but only leaked under lots of pressure. And it gushed steam out which evaporated straight away with the hot weather

Sent from my X10i using my penis

Back
Top Bottom