Ross Autech

Yeah man, should a be beast when it's mapped :)

So is Steve coming up there and mapping it for you?

Can't wait to see it running properly.

yeah he is travelling to hypertech "FC TUNING AT HYPERTECH SESSION 13!"

doing me, rick and two toyota's on the day.

Good luck with the dyno session.
But I would be slightly concerned about him coming to map 4 cars in one day.

It's like pay me for 2 hours and what ever the outcome is that.

I know you have had a few dyno sessions, but wouldn't it be easier to save up and pay for a full day of the mappers service until your happy then calculating less or more after on costs. Then 2 hours and like it or lump it.

I would have thought the mapper would be under enormous pressure to complete all 4 in a day, and concentration would not be 100% on the one car, seeing all the other 3 cars awaiting their mapping sessions, breathing and sighing over his shoulder.

I think one day, one mapper, one concentration span, one car, best results.

That does seem like a lot of cars in one day, that doesnt allow for any problems with any cars. It took about 6 /7 hours all in to fit a nistune board and map for a VE last week at a dyno I was at, but there was a couple of hours sorting a leak on intake pipe and a dodgy MAF.

Well looking forward to your results though Ross, some 503s might find their way into my car!

I think ideally 2 cars would be enough, but let's be honest here - he's probably trying to fit in 4 cars because it's more cost-effective for the distance he's travelling. It would be better if he turned round before the day & said 'Listen guys, this is probably going to take longer than I first thought, so I'm not gonna get all 4 done properly in 1 day. Could 2 of you make it another day ?'

That does seem like a lot of cars in one day, that doesnt allow for any problems with any cars. It took about 6 /7 hours all in to fit a nistune board and map for a VE last week at a dyno I was at, but there was a couple of hours sorting a leak on intake pipe and a dodgy MAF.

Well looking forward to your results though Ross, some 503s might find their way into my car!

Was that Greg?

Steve is confident me and ricks car will take NO MORE than 1 hour each, on less than 20 dyno pulls. and i trust that. so 2 hours would be plenty.

he has also stressed the importance of us preparing the cars prior to his arrival. no BS. no "oh i have an air leak we will fix it now."

steve is coming up. mapping the cars. doing his thing. and has referred to having the dyno for the whole day to do the four cars as "chilled out"

i've come to realise lately. mapping is easy with the correct tools. its no dark art... just common sense

also. the nistune boards are already fitted to the ECU. so that isnt there to be considered.

When he comes up here Steve usually makes sure the boards are already fitted and installed in the ECU with only the ECU to fit to the car (if at all) and gives you a full run down of what checks to do to your car prior to the day to ensure it's in it's best possible condition.

As Ross says, he takes an hour to do the map and that's purely down to experience.

Lookin forward to seeing how this does Ross!

p.s. thanks for the lesson.

Yes I have spoken to Steve in the past.
Very experienced and recommended.

However no time limit should be put on your session.

Yes he mainly works on Sr20det the 200sx crew, but your autech style Sr20 does not come up everyday.

Your car will have different characteristics to others.

Did he map, Chris's p11 stig almera Sr20ve and the dutch guys primera Sr20ve, and after the session they were not too happy with their results.

Nothing against Steve @ fc, just that it needed more dyno/ mapping time.

Yes I have spoken to Steve in the past.
Very experienced and recommended.

However no time limit should be put on your session.

Yes he mainly works on Sr20det the 200sx crew, but your autech style Sr20 does not come up everyday.

Your car will have different characteristics to others.

Did he map, Chris's p11 stig almera Sr20ve and the dutch guys primera Sr20ve, and after the session they where not too happy with their results.

Nothing against Steve @ fc, just that it needed more dyno/ mapping time.

there is nothing special about my autech engine.

it has a 1mm skimmed head and some lairy cams. so ive swapped out those cams so its essentially a 11.5:1 CR engine with BIG fucking cams.

the mapping for the compression ratio is already there as steve has burned the autech map onto the nistune board and will tune from there. so all he is really doing is compensating for the fuelling requirements of the catcams, adjusting the fuelling for me running the gti maf and tuning in all the changes brought on by my other parts.

as i say. tuning is EASY. engines are predictable. they will pretty much perform the same at a set parameter every time. and just cause i have a jumped up sunny GTi engine with JDM credentials doesnt make it any more laborious to map.

i have faith that steve will have more than enough time to map the car to an adequate standard.

Mine took and hour and 3/4 to map yesterday, and Paul had never even seen the software.

Steve knows Nistune like the back of his hand and knows what works and what doesn't, so I don't see this being a problem at all.

Yeah the mapping was good Sam, but we lost a few hours sorting a leak at the airbox and a sealed resonator pipe, plus a N15 maf wasnt playing ball so a P10 one was put on instead. It was apparently great to drive after, good AFR across the range, very linear, 194bhp, holds 150lb ft torque from around 4k but cant remember for how long after.

Back
Top Bottom