Ross Autech

that's a good saving off a virtually identical wheel mate, can you see where the weight was saved?

... --- ...

the back of the spokes are carved out differently, the inside where the tyre hides has been spun / shaved and the wheels aint painted, they are an anodised finish.

Win mate.

Had no idea Autech wheels were any different to UK gti.

-mobile phone post-

so winter is here... and not having the unit has kinda put me behind schedule for this.

Pre winter checklist:

Put some antifreeze in (its been losing so much lately i never bothered to put any in, solved now though)
underseal entirety of the car
rust proof the coilovers
treat rust in engine bay and paint.

so started tonight with the front crossmember. me and rick bought a box of goodies month ago for this eventuality, ill list the products i use as i go on. but put it this way... its military grade shit. that the MOD use on their vehicles.

b0cd5e01.jpg

bumper off to do the crossmember, obviously... gave it a rub down to remove any loose rust and paint. its in really good condition tbh, which it should be as it was replaced when it was front ended in the UK.

my first weapon of choice : Dinitrol Converust Epoxy.

c365fbbd.jpg

basically this is like kurust on acid... not only does it treat the rust and convert it, but it dries as almost a gelcoat. solid. it literally encases the rust, so not only does it genuinely treat the rust, but it stops the possibility of any moisture or salts getting in after the treatment. as it treats and seals in one application.

8a2e2f7a.jpg

tommorow is the fun stuff... lets just say... the kit comes with paper overalls for a reason (hope they fit)

nice work Ross, mine and nistros are about to get similar treatment. I've heard of people using dinitrol before but I've never used it myself, but I've only heard good things about it, I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

also your always welcome to use our place anytime mate :)

... --- ...

nice work Ross, mine and nistros are about to get similar treatment. I've heard of people using dinitrol before but I've never used it myself, but I've only heard good things about it, I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

also your always welcome to use our place anytime mate :)

... --- ...

I done the rear arches with dinitrol black about 3 months ago, and it still looks brand new. its more of an OEM looking underseal than others i have seen before.

Spacers :

Before Stance :

IMG_2156.jpg

Off comes wheel :

IMG_2158.jpg

Off comes the brakes :

IMG_2159.jpg

Off comes the cap :

IMG_2160.jpg

Split Pin removed, Hub nut removed, washer removed and wheel bearing removed :

IMG_2162.jpg

Ze Spacers :

IMG_2165.jpg

25mm Spacers :

IMG_2166.jpg

Old Studs vs New studs

IMG_2167.jpg

Old studs knocked out of wheel bearings and replaced with new longer Subaru Studs

Old Vs New :

IMG_2168.jpg

Bearing assembly refitted to beam, Washer on, Hub nut on, tightened up and split pin fitted.

IMG_2169.jpg

Brake disc fitted,

IMG_2170.jpg

Caliper and carrier fitted :

IMG_2171.jpg

Spacer fitted :

IMG_2174.jpg

Wheel fitted :

IMG_2175.jpg

Boom :

IMG_2177.jpg

The end.

MOAR stance pictures :

IMG_2176.jpg

IMG_2179.jpg

IMG_2180.jpg

IMG_2181.jpg

IMG_2182.jpg

IMG_2183.jpg

IMG_2184.jpg

Bout time you got more pics up mate ;) haha looking good though, I have to say I love the way it looks without the wing and just skirts :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom