Ross Autech

I ditched the extra studs originally like you have got now.. but found the extended studs were only designed to cater for 20mm spacer max.. with 25mm spacer didn't leave much thread. Less then o.e spec nyhow..

Shame Nistro ditched the studs that came on the spacers originally, could have bolted them straight on without all that faff of removing studs etc

Does look better though

In comparison to bolting on the spacers how they came new yes

I did that first thinking it was better but it didn't leave much thread left as the subaru ones weren't designed for big spacers over 20mm

My garage refused to do the tracking on the car when they saw how much thread it was held on by with 25mm spacers & extended studs. Had open ended nuts so could see mind

They made 25mm+ spacers bolt on as opposed to using extended studs for good reason ... ARP studs have more thread on them then subaru/ebay studs mind but need open ended nuts to fit as they have a point to them

Long winded removing the hubs to knock the studs out...

maybe. but its only 2 bolts and a big nut to remove it, then i can press the new studs in on the vice.

eddie there is nothing wrong with the thread... there is plenty of grip.

Thats what I thought but then.. say stock stud is 45mm long. Extended subaru one is 65mm.. put a 20mm spacer on extended stud and your at Oem level of thread. Put a 25mm spacer on a 65mm stud are your at -5mm of thread compared to oem.
Thats my only gripe having roughly 5mm less of thread then stock... to how I had them fitted like you originally. Soon put my stock studs back in and put studs back into the spacer to make it bolt on spacers again :)

the scooby studs were in the spacers when ross collected them, along with the short nuts for the spacers, think before posting

Must be shit picture then or Ross just did it wrong.. but this clearly shows Ross using the extended studs on the hubs and slipping the spacer over it..

IMG_2174.jpg

Ross using it as a slip on spacer when its designed as a bolt on?.. now Ross has fitted extended studs they protrude too much to use it as a bolt on spacer anymore unless he removed the studs.

Wouldn't want Ross to come to any harm by having less margin of safety then what was manufactured for, and equally worried people out there might push the boat any try even bigger spacers with subaru studs.

Guess you got bigger balls then me Damo

Back
Top Bottom