S.C.R.A.P Projects

Yeah it does have some superficial damage :( Like the wing and door, but should get most of that sorted. The inner arches are the mintest I've seen on a UK N15 though.
SRI GA to GA engine swap is now completed - started it up today!(Although the PAS pulley was bent at some point, and needs swapping, which means dropping the engine about 4 inches to get at it) Timing needs setting before the MOT on weds. Pretty confident about it though!

Just got back from picking this up (R2):
IMG_0243.jpg

MASSIVE thanks to Tom and Ash for going and having a look at it, it's really nice. Should have it MOT'd before long.
The seller was a legend as well, really sad to see it go!

The wheels look good but are in need of a refurb. Rust wise theres none on the sills but a small patch on the rear arch (From a scuff in the paintwork, not usual bubbling). The paint does need a good polish though as devonshire summers have not been kind to the red.

Just caught up on the last few pages. Looks like you've got a nice thing going guys and having a right hoot at the same time :thumb:

Ive Blatantly got first dibs on R2 :excl: Just waiting on Corbs/sam to give me a good offer. But that matey was a fucking legend, Alloys looked rather shagged and imo i prefer standard gti alloys anyways.

Cheers Ash^

Yeah he was a really nice guy, had a good natter over a cup of tea.

In other news the SRi refuses to start :( so no MOT tomorrow. Going to rebook it for next week, hopefully the starter motor I ordered last thursday will arrive before the weekend! Think it could do with a new set of spark plugs as well.

SRi is getting there, put some fuel and newer battery in and it does start and drive, but...

PAS pulley was wobbling like crazy (Must have taken a whack when it was being removed by the scrapyard). Fitted the one from the old engine (Involved removing 3 of 4 engine mounts and dropping the engine down, god I love having a crane). So that's sorted.

To get the car to start, you have to turn the key all the way and rock the car from side to side.... obviously a dodgy connection somewhere. Ideas?

Clutch is slipping! DAMN. Going to have to ask a few favours and get the good one from the old engine fitted this week.

Then MOT and tax and hopefully my bro will be able to drive it away on friday. Next weekend Tom_SRi should be coming down to get some work done :)

To get the car to start, you have to turn the key all the way and rock the car from side to side.... obviously a dodgy connection somewhere. Ideas?

Do you mean someone stands outside and rocks the car as you sit inside with the key turned? If so, how did you find this out?

Back
Top Bottom