Spray work so far

Man that looks amazing!!!!

Are you a painter to trade????

I picked up a compressor and spray gun a month ago and aint tried anything yet. Would be good if you could do a wee guide.

I need to start practicing and I don't think i'd do the whole car, but I want to fix the rust on the wings and sort out a new bonnet.

Can't wait to see the finished article.....and how to :)

Yeah sorry dude its not me who does it but a man round the corner from me ;) I could always ask him for some start up tips for you if you like. Should be picking it up today, shame its miserable weather!

probably already said this, but how much did the full respray cost? I'd like to get mine done in a deeper black one day.

Somewhere in the region of £800-£1000. I'll put a full list of what ive had done when its ready. Which as it turns out isn't today :(

Just to update, here's a few more pics taken of it outside, it wont be ready till sun/mon now because the bonnet wants re-doing as its got a couple of spray lines and the rear left panel needs blending in again but apart from that its all good. Shame it wasn't sunny and the car is covered in dust etc but the pictures are ok!
SpraySide3.jpg

Sprayside2.jpg

SpraySide1.jpg

Rear1.jpg

Rear2.jpg

P1000790.jpg

Front1.jpg

front2.jpg

Grill.jpg

Wow! I bet your well chuffed, that looks awesome! Are you getting some new wheels too? Matt black would look great on your car mate.

yeah that looks the bollocks! I agree with the black wheels too. The only thing i would change is some black on the bonnet v'ing down to a black grill following the lines on the bonnet but it's all down to personal taste.

Anyway, well done mate, looks really nice!

WOW! That looks fuckin' minted, love that colour and the contrast from black/red is lovely! Looking forward to seeing finished product. You doing anything to the interior cause the colour of the standard seats would look horrible against the red you have IMO!

wow that looks really good, im a fan of the red candy colours- always look good

you should have choped the rear tow hook mate, would have tidyed up the back bumper,

I'm just waiting on the alloy wheels till i find the right ones at the right price. With regards to the bonnet, i'm again just waiting till some carbon ones come about. I'd rather spend it be all carbon than partial black. Plus if i have the grill black you cant see the lines and it might awel just be an empty space. Here's a pic of grill as suns just come out, imagine whole car in the sunshine :drool:
P1000800.jpg

Andrew smith said:
wow that looks really good, im a fan of the red candy colours- always look good

you should have choped the rear tow hook mate, would have tidyed up the back bumper,
I thought about it but the cars still gotta be practical if it breaks down and that might come in use. its not really taking much away from it either.

Game said:
WOW! That looks fuckin' minted, love that colour and the contrast from black/red is lovely! Looking forward to seeing finished product. You doing anything to the interior cause the colour of the standard seats would look horrible against the red you have IMO!
Looking for a place nearby that can retrim the seats, just want faux black leather, although my friends cream 200sx seats are v tempting now its candy red.

Top job, I knew it would look better than grey.

Let's see who still think's grey is better. lol

Back
Top Bottom