Spray work so far

If you had just bought a phase 2 then it wouldnt have half the character that your car has now, it looks great and the rims arent so bad in that colour either!

Now do a VVL conversion.

Corbs said:
If you had just bought a phase 2 then it wouldnt have half the character that your car has now, it looks great and the rims arent so bad in that colour either!

Now do a VVL conversion.
Mates trying to get hold of a car with a CA18DET, pulsar gearbox and LSD running 230 - 260 bhp but he's had trouble finding the time to pick it up. He thinks it'd be a good conversion, a bit different. But if it falls through which is sorta likely, ive kinda changed my mind on the N/A route and fancy the Gti-R SR20DET going in. Especially now as ive got a friend with ppl in the know who can do the conversion. watch this space.
icon14.gif

Simcard said:
Mates trying to get hold of a car with a CA18DET, pulsar gearbox and LSD running 230 - 260 bhp but he's had trouble finding the time to pick it up. He thinks it'd be a good conversion, a bit different. But if it falls through which is sorta likely, ive kinda changed my mind on the N/A route and fancy the Gti-R SR20DET going in. Especially now as ive got a friend with ppl in the know who can do the conversion. watch this space.
icon14.gif
From what I have heard from other's experience, the CA18 isnt a very reliable engine :( The SR20DET would be awesome with a FMIC in the bumper though! Or an SR20DE+T?

Corbs said:
From what I have heard from other's experience, the CA18 isnt a very reliable engine :( The SR20DET would be awesome with a FMIC in the bumper though! Or an SR20DE+T?
Its not, but this one has been rebuilt with new internals and would be good for 60,000 miles at 260bhp which is about 50,000 more than i will cover in 5years, so its an option. Plus the whole car and engine would be around £1500 so its relatively inexspensive. But saying all that, i would prefer a SR20DET just because its inkeeping with the car and it'd be more reliable and i could see 280bhp for fun. Although in reality i think running it at 240 would be way more than enough for FWD. Have to wait and see, as this is all speculative.

Car looks blinging! Get a car tone installed and play "Candy Shop " by 50 Cent!! hehe.
Btw, was reading a tuner mag from the US the other day and this guy (student) had a carbon fiber hood but a red one! would look awesome on yours - except the car was a honda integra.

sample pic:
IM006112.jpg

Is the consensus that a carbon hood has to be custom for an N15? Or can you use a hood off a 240 or silvia? - probably would need trimming I would expect?

I'd actually want a carbon bonnet to remain the original colour, that way it would look good with the black roof. Someone on here is trying to get a group buy of ten but i think only 5 or so people are interested which is a shame. Someone needs to get some copies made for around £500 though. I just wish i knew someone myself.
On a side note, i feel really bad, wish i'd have put a chrome style trim all the way around my car when it was getting resprayed :rolleyes:
4352_1.JPG

421f_1.JPG

Simcard said:
I'd actually want a carbon bonnet to remain the original colour, that way it would look good with the black roof. Someone on here is trying to get a group buy of ten but i think only 5 or so people are interested which is a shame. Someone needs to get some copies made for around £500 though. I just wish i knew someone myself.
On a side note, i feel really bad, wish i'd have put a chrome style trim all the way around my car when it was getting resprayed :rolleyes:

Don't think you missed out much - but I suppose its to your taste. You could go over kill with trimming but I think your car looks great without it.

As an alternative you could just get the carbon vinyl at less the cost! Except there would be no weight advantage.

Th3k3ymast3r said:
Don't think you missed out much - but I suppose its to your taste. You could go over kill with trimming but I think your car looks great without it.
I were only joking chief!

Simcard said:
. Will i need to spray the wheels with primer before spraying? i read on a different post that someone had simply sanded with 80grit wet and dry then sprayed a few coats of mat black and voila.

when you are painting ontop of paint you dont need to use primer mate, just etch it with finepaper, 400 or 600 wet, clean with thinners, then paint. If you decide to fix the curbing bits then those bits will be bare metal and will need a bit primer on

If you want a CA18DET with an LSD box, there is a sunny ZX donor car for sale on ZXOC which has a CA18DE in it and two LSD boxes (comes with a spare) might be worth signing up and having a look.

Schnakey said:
If you want a CA18DET with an LSD box, there is a sunny ZX donor car for sale on ZXOC which has a CA18DE in it and two LSD boxes (comes with a spare) might be worth signing up and having a look.
If its in essex or somewhere near there then that might be the one my friend was thinking of getting.

Wow! :eek: That is one sexy ride! Love the colour!! :respect:

Is that an original front bumper? Sorry for the newb. question. :(

Back
Top Bottom