Spray work so far

Paintwork looks wicked, love the grille and now it looks like a brand new car. your car has been transformed..The ph2 bumpers look the part too..wasnt keen on the scooby lip thingy. Well done.

looks really good mate, painting them black the rims would look spot on, use a metal fileon the edges where they're curbed and gradually rub them down till theyre flat and they'll look like new again

NaylorGTI said:
looks really good mate, painting them black the rims would look spot on, use a metal fileon the edges where they're curbed and gradually rub them down till theyre flat and they'll look like new again
Sweet, i just want to do a simple job till i get some new alloys but lets just say i'll need a couple of months to save up now, wallets taken a hammering of recent. Will i need to spray the wheels with primer before spraying? i read on a different post that someone had simply sanded with 80grit wet and dry then sprayed a few coats of mat black and voila.

Well if i sprayed them satin black i prob wouldnt use any laquer, just a few coats of black. So isit a yes or no to primer? heres a quick ps if rims were black ;)
NewSprayGti1blackrims.jpg

rhyd4 said:
i like that good job, did you have inside the doors done and other bits showing the old colour?
Yeah i did, the only thing left original red will be underneath the carpet and boot lining and engine back but thats gunna get brush painted mat black when new engine goes in.

lol @ corbs. Thats ace, one strange timeline. Why the hell didn't i just buy a nice phase 2, ah well you live n learn.

Thats the worrying bit, driving really slowly near anthing that can scratch it and obviously not parking it up in the middle of town on a saturday night!
ive just done 2 of the wheels using some 80 grit sand paper and some satin black i had lying around.
P1000923.jpg

Back
Top Bottom