StevenC's GTi

like this you mean dude :D

IMG_1990-Edit.jpg

I don't like that your old N16 has vanished off the face the earth. Tell him to post more.

It has far from disappeared from the face of the earth my friend, it is merely getting a few bits done and dusted and there will be a few pictures put up soon, be patient ;)

Mick

Hmmm. Not convinced.

Wezz - If you do that then the P1 splitter won't match the swage lines of the P2 skirts and it'll look odd. Same as when people have flat sided P2 front bumpers on P1s or VZRs, doesnt work well together as the P2 kit is very flat whilst the other 2 are much more '3d'.

Grille looks cool mate :) but indicators need de-globing or JDMing. No half measures :p

S'pose I better update...

- Passenger rear arch has been painted. Decent for silver imo.
- 2.25" Cat back s/s - 4" slash tip. Noise ways it's not much louder, just deeper. De-cat goes on at the weekend.
- B+M Short Shifter here and ready to go on over the weekend

Pics over the weekend.

4-2-1 should be here next week...
Toyo t1-r's at the end of the month.

I've been extremely shit and lazy last week.

I got the 200sx de-cat up against the exhaust and seen it was about 2inches too big so decided against this. It also looks like to do the short shifter / gear linkage you need to drop the exhaust and heat shield...is that right or can it be done from the top? Anyway, decided to wait untill the 4-2-1 and gti-r de-cat arrived and then do everything at once.

In other news, today the car got it's first proper test of performance. It ran a 16.06 @ 87mph at Crail (two 16.06's and a 16.07 confirm it wasn't a fluke).

I wanted a standard as possible time so the car was run with a full interior and 95ron petrol. It's the first time I've really given the clutch a good kicking and I reckon that when it was done shortly before I bought the car, it's been done with a poor replacement item as it slips a wee bit. I also found, on getting home, that the exhaust flexi had burst which explained why power was dropping quite quickly at the top end which I think I mentioned to Ross.

The slipping clutch actually meant pretty good starts but crap shifts. On the plus side, I'm confident this is already a high 15 second car in the right hands (I am the wrong side of 20st) which is good considering the only mods are the induction kit and 2.25 cat back.

With the 4-2-1, de-cat, short shifter, Toyo's, Optimax and a mild interior strip it should be much better - I'm going to aim for an EK9 bashing 15.2.

Clocked up 4k since buying it exactly two months ago. I LOVE this car.

you never mentioned the flexi, although we were slightly distracted by burgers for the last 30 minutes...

and i thought you ran a 15.03 ;)

twas a good day, and we all done well with out times, chris wasn't happy he couldn't get you lol

to fit the short shifter you need 2.....
1. remove gearknob
2. remove gear gatour
3. remove 2 nuts on surroundin bracket
4. remove exhaust heat shield
5. remove nut and bolt from lower part of shaft
6. remove 2 bolts on bracket
7. now the bracket should drop and you will now be able to remove the cover round the ball on the shaft.
8. shaft should now lift nut from inside the car.
it was a couple of weeks now since i fitted mine so i might have missed somethin out lol but that is pretty much how you fit them.
all i will tell you tho is what ever you do dont over tighten the lower nut and bolt, cos you wont be able to select any gears lol. i found that out the hard way lol.

Back
Top Bottom