StevenC's GTi

really nice things
don't forget to switch the pressure group (idk right term in english sorry) together with your clutch, otherwize in 2 years its trouble. ( i had it, had a fully sinterplated clutch from kawe, wich killed the pressure group, a arm broke off and came into my fly wheel :( )

BUT: i have seen almost everyboby having black wheels, why? :D

Pressure plate you mean?

I've not just bought a clutch disk, it's a clutch kit with pressure plate, clutch disk and release baring.

I'm a wee bit mega excited :D

Coilovers on.

Not wanting to go any lower than this. Might need some tweeking once the 16's are on to get the same ride height etc but yeah...

coilies1.jpg

coilies2.jpg

coilies3.jpg

Doesn't seem too low, right?

coilies4.jpg

Seems just right :) How's she handle? and how does it compare the the K-Sports?

Surely having 16's won't affect ride hight as you're getting profile to match overall rolling radius right?

First impressions are that I think the N16 was a more neutral handling car while the N15 seems a bit more lively. The BC's seem more comfortable than the K-Sports though.

I'll need to get everything properly set up and the lightwieght wheels and better tyres on before making a proper judgement...

The rolling radius will change as by putting wider wheels on it and not increasing the tread size to compensate (i think the gti wheels are 6j and they have 195/55/15's while i'm going for 195/45/16 on a 7j wheel) I'll get more stretch on the tyre thus decreasing the rolling radius...slightly.

Silver GTi - nice choice lad, get in..
VZR rear lights - hell yeah, they're sexy!
Lowered - yessss, it has to be done :)
JDM stickers in the back window - hmmm I'm sure I've seen that before somewhere..
Black grill on silver car - now this is really getting fishy :/
BLACK ROTA GRIDS - oh no, its all over! OH DEAR, ITS JUST ANOTHER WEZZ COPY :)
Soon there will be orange indicators and who knows.. You may even strip it out :o!!
Only messing mate, its a lovely car.. Its just all been done before haha and your nicking his glory a little if I may say so myself :)
Individuality is primeeeee, don't forget that ;)
Joe

I bought my black grill before he did...but he beat me to fitting it as mine took longer to ship :(

The grids...well I had went for slips but there were none and I wasn't going to go for the ones with a polished lip as that gives a more "show car" appearance and that's not what I'm aiming for with this. It's a wee bit banged up with scratches and dents etc so it'd take a lot to make it into a proper show car looker and then if I did, I wouldn't be able to enjoy it as much as I am. Grid's suit the car very well and I've gone for matt black, which I don't think's been done before.

Don't think I'm taking any glory - I was always told that plagurism is the greatest form of flattery :D Plus he has the engine and driving talent of a god so my car will never come close :P

Remind me again how many people are jumping on the 5 door gti conversion bandwagon? ;)

they are about as common as GTi+T

steven, rest peacefully in the fact that the scotlandish members will always think of you as steven with the N16 :)

Back
Top Bottom