StevenC's GTi

shamelessly copied and pasted from the jperformance thread:

I fitted the 4-2-1 today with minimum of fuss infact tbh I was amazed how easy it was to do.

The only thing is that the right hand stud on cylinder 2 (left to right) does allow one of the supplied washered nuts to be put over it as the manifold pipes are physically bigger. I just got another nut and used that. As an observation the clearance for the lambda sensor cable in front of the fan is minimal so take care with this after fitting.

It sounds -a-fuckin-mazing- however...WARNING..is VERY loud with a de-cat and cat back.

There is a noticeable improvement in mid - high range pull and it seems to make the power delivery a bit smoother too.

I didn't fit the short shifter as I'm going to adjust my clutch / figure if its fucked first as it's slipping pretty bad...that and I was running a wee bit short for time in the garage I used.

Looking good!!

Alrite Steve, first time I've read your post!! Exact sam milage as mine, looking lovely though like the GTi in silver!!

15.99 was my best time at crail at Banzai, with the 4-2-1 manifold I had on that time me and chris were on the strip about 100 times I ran a 15.5 so it makes a hell of a difference!! The 4-2-1 manifold i had on had to be taken off as it wasnt a direct fit and was blowing like hell so going to invest in the same one as you from Jperformance, and good to know it fits no probs!!

I had same problem as you with de-cat aswell, my little brother had the car before me and fitted a shit de-cat from ebay which was about 2 inches too big and wasnt ideal so like you got a new one which is a direct fit!!

As per short shifter, like what 2.0lt GTi said thats spot on! I fitted mine last year took a good 45 mins just alot of fiddling about thats all!!

It'll soon be running 15's and we'll get to bin plenty EK9's on the strip...bring them on!!! :D

XS Power Manifold has the same issue.. Not to worry, as long as you've used another nut as you said.
The mods are flooding in think & fast Steve, hope to see this in its glory at JAE this year..
Joe

Unfortunately the bodywork isn't the best part with the car. The bonnet is pretty poor and its had a minor front and minor rear end. Nothin major though.

I had some good banter with an EK9 amongst other things on sunday night on the way to the jdmy0 meet innes...the boy wiz not happy that I was right up his jacksie and he was goin nowhere! :D

Got a wee vid of the exhaust. Blowing a bit from the de-cat where the cat back meets de-cat so didn't pop a flame :(

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO4orKrGgf8[/ame]

JDMyo

Mines is the same, its far from mint!! As you'll see in my build up I found alot of rust spots when I stripped the interior, glad I got to them when I did as it could have been alot worse! All sanded and sprayed now so should be fine! Got a couple of dents too but I'll get them sorted when the bumper is sprayed!!

Is the Pollin Filter in our car behind the glove box as wanting to replace this after seeing what my bro found in his, and dont think mines has ever been changed? :confused:

Always seem to get a bit banter from EK9 drivers! Mines was blowing like hell tae but just had to tighten up down pipe so ok now!!

Mines is the same, its far from mint!! As you'll see in my build up I found alot of rust spots when I stripped the interior, glad I got to them when I did as it could have been alot worse! All sanded and sprayed now so should be fine! Got a couple of dents too but I'll get them sorted when the bumper is sprayed!!

Is the Pollin Filter in our car behind the glove box as wanting to replace this after seeing what my bro found in his, and dont think mines has ever been changed? :confused:

Always seem to get a bit banter from EK9 drivers! Mines was blowing like hell tae but just had to tighten up down pipe so ok now!!

Yeah the pollen filter is behind the glove box you can tell if its been changed as you have to cut a piece of the dash away to get to it! You will know what i mean when you look underneath. Need to take the glove box out!

UPDATES!

I been ordering some stuff recently that's gonna be goin in/on the car in the next two weeks. Most of the stuff's here and I was gonna wait to update everyone but I just cannae!!

bits1.jpg

Exedy OEM Clutch.

bits2.jpg

BC-Racing Coilovers

bits3.jpg

XTD Prolite Flywheel

Also got 16" Rota Grid's in Matt Black and Toyo T1-R's goin on.

bits4.jpg

Pic of engine bay that people have wanted. Gonna get the cam cover painted in a couple of weeks.

Was goin for slips but they are out of stock and are on the boat with a wait of "between 1 week and a month". Not that patient lol. Not seen Matt Black grid's for sale before, only gloss black, so lookin forward to being unique.

good stuff mate, :D

i'll be going for standard exedy clutch soon when my flywheel goes on too, let me know how it is :)

grids ftw too! ;)

Back
Top Bottom