Stufagti's turbo build

ill just have to wait till next month till i get paid again to get this,
just droped in craigs flywheel at the garage and had a lokk in at my engine,

had a look at the old pistons and the first 3 are ok just got a little bit hot but still ok,

but piston 1 is FUCKED!!!! as in like 1cm of metal is missing OMG!
it got extremely hot, pic to come soon,
and the block has a 3mm hole/dip/wear mark in the side,
other than the lump of missing piston the piston edge all the way around is really badly worn is it has got so hot and expanded scoring the whole piston and bore really bad :(:(

ill be driving up to craig to pick up a block in the next few days :D:D

the head is fine just needing 1 new valve on the exhaust side, of the number 1 cylinder,
getting the turbo sent off thursday, for a check over and service/balancing etc :D

ill be putting the crank, rods into the new block as they are better, and itll be bored out to 87mm from 86mm, :D:D

:D
not long now :D:D

maybe getting some new injectors to, just to be on the safe side, anyone know where i can get them ultrasonically cleaned and tested :D

excited for you stu :D

reincarnation 2, cant wait :D

I wonder why all of the pistons appear to have got very hot??

cheers craig

depends on when i get the block to the garage,

they are all ready to rebuild it just need a block :D
so hopefully it might be running by next weekend, may be running it in still tho so no boost, :(
im sure i can do some mileage dives before the remap ;)

cheers DBULL,

having problems finding a clutch atm !!
and at a sensilbe price,
i have found that i can get one from the same manufaturer HELIX but for a OEM replacement they only go up to 250lbft on a 4 puck clutch :(
any else gt any ideas

I can get JGY Rated to 390bhp..

300 delivered to your door.

ive sorted a block cheers corbwin,

K na gonna get one on the next pay check,

ive had a look at these pistons and they are ok to be used again, so if you want them pm me,
i wanna keep the knackered one as a souveneir;)

right just an update ,

pickd up new block and head, from craig thursday night,
thanks matey :D:D

took it to TK engineering friday morning,
by friday afternoon they had stripped the block and head, acid diped the block, bored the block, drilled and tapped the turbo drain feed, removed 1 or 2 of the exhaust valves, balanced the pistons and rods whchc are now to the EXACT same weight etc, balanced the crank
got all the engine components to rebuld the engine,

sat i went to fit the HKS CAMP 2 system, and Lumenition A/F ration meter,

today they have fully assembled the block, stripped, acid dipped, reseated the valves and angled the back of the new valve, and assembled tehead, and reassembled the engine :D:D:D
i also sorted out my turbo which has got to be rebuilt, with new thrust bearings and shaft, cleaned out etc new seals,

now the full extend of the damage has come to light its not good, the number 1 piston melted,i mean proper melted !!! which melted down into small metalic particals, .... and yep youve guessed it,
went all round the engine, ruining my bigend bearings and turbo mainly :(

to over the next 2 days they will be fitting the engine back in, fitting the EGT sensor, alloy rad, etc :D

not to long to go now :D

oh and here are some pics from the damage, :(:(
the block;
DSC00677.jpg

DSC00675.jpg

DSC00676.jpg

and .... the piston :( when i saw this i as shocked how bad it was, its damagd all the way around too :eek:
DSC00679-1.jpg

DSC00680-1.jpg

DSC00681.jpg

DSC00682-1.jpg

They work fast!!!

Incredible how hot that cylinder must have gotten.

They work fast!!!

Incredible how hot that cylinder must have gotten.

they do work fast, :lol: considering they started on it last tuesday, and didnt do any work on it for 1 day as i had to get an engin :D which they stripped that too!

yeah and getting somewhere with these injectors too now, found out that the 440 scooby injectors i had are LOW impedance, where as the gti oce are HIGH impedance, (ie the ohm rating)
TK engineering tested my gti ones an they come out at 12 ohms, my new sard 550cc ones are the same but GT at tested the scooby ones and got 2-4 ohms which are low, but most prob use a resistor pack for them in the scooby loom,

Back
Top Bottom