Stufagti's turbo build

OBD2? i hope not!

oh, and i thought it came with a screen, or is that the Greddy one?

garage till next week some time :D
most prob the later part, friday i reckon,

gotta turn all my boost right down for the first 500 miles at under 3000 rpm only :(

Damn that is a thorough write-up.
just took me about an hour to read through.
very interesting.
May I ask why you did a de+t build instead of getting an sr20det engine?

regaurding the OBD cable the actual connector is the same as a OBD1 -OBD2 right, as they only list one fitment harness cable for the N15 gti?

cheers corms :D
i thought as im building it properly like low comp pistons etc, then it makes sense really, as the wiring and ecu etc from the pulsar is alot more difficult to fit and wire up etc into theN15,
and i know the history of my engine, even if i bought a SR20DET engine i might have had to rebuild it any way,
so ALOT easier to go SR20DE+T route :D

yep, I see where you're coming from.
I would just imagine that with the turbo you put on and that you're not aiming for stupid power, you could have pretty much just run a stock u12/13 or w10/11 or gti-R motor. But I do agree that yours will be more reliable....well in theory, hopefully second time lucky :)

I don't know if you've popped over to our site, but it seems that Australians have some sort of addiction to turbo conversions compared to everywhere else. http://forum.pulsar.org.au

I would just imagine that with the turbo you put on and that you're not aiming for stupid power, you could have pretty much just run a stock u12/13 or w10/11 or gti-R motor. But I do agree that yours will be more reliable....well in theory, hopefully second time lucky :)

I don't know if you've popped over to our site, but it seems that Australians have some sort of addiction to turbo conversions compared to everywhere else. http://forum.pulsar.org.au

I must be Australians..

cheers yeah im aiming for more power this time :D

before i was 232 WHP @8psi and aiming for 260-270 WHP this time @ about 12/13, :D

we didnt get the U12/13 or W10/11 the only FWD turbo SR20DET motor we did get was the GTi-R..

no one does front clips that i can tell in the uk.. so dont get them through there either..

its either GTi-R and a headach with wiring or just go de+t

For your info..

Ive started my fourth SR20DE-T conversion this year - This weekend.. Only Jamie GTI, im allowed to reveal thus far..

Its simply a much more cost effective way.. when the results are better anyway!..

..Using a GTIR block has attractions.. but massivly outweighed by the OEM GTI block.

DSC00624.jpg

Seeeing that picture makes me realise how extreme my pistons were as far as the dish went....LOL!

DSCF0189.jpg

Brilliant to see this being reborn and you not having doubts after the last misfortune.

Now get it built and get the boost cranked!

BRILLIANT!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. SR20DE+T FTMFW!

we didnt get the U12/13 or W10/11 the only FWD turbo SR20DET motor we did get was the GTi-R..

no one does front clips that i can tell in the uk.. so dont get them through there either..

its either GTi-R and a headach with wiring or just go de+t

yeah we didn't get the u12/13 or w10/11 here either.
we get them from japan.

cheers DBULL,

having problems finding a clutch atm !!
and at a sensilbe price,
i have found that i can get one from the same manufaturer HELIX but for a OEM replacement they only go up to 250lbft on a 4 puck clutch :(
any else gt any ideas

do the dbull mod for a bit more clamp force, skim the surface the pressure plate bolts to on the fly

Back
Top Bottom