Stufagti's turbo build

I too was very fortunate to drive this, loved it. Torque steer just makes you feel more involved, adds to the fun factor :)

After yesterday, ive actually ordered some more bits that i need today, i'm determined more than ever to get mine done now. Stu, thought i'd ask you in this thread, who decided on the blow thru setup with the maf before the turbo?
Raceworx was trying to explain it to me but in my head i can't work out how the MAF copes with the unmetered dumped air.... :confused: (anyone else feel free to chip in and explain it).

Isnt MAF before turbo 'suck through' rather than 'blow through' (I cant remember it now), as the air is being sucked into the turbo rather than blown out?

Seconded..

The MAF meters all the air that passes through it so at the moment when the BOV releases some of the already metered air, it must run rich for a second or two?
Joe

ah thanks everyone :D

hope you all enjoyed your brief yet good rides :lol:

excelent vids there sam, 'What have you built' nice ... we did hit nearly 140 on that stretch on raod so from going from a 10mph rolling start corner it does pull all the time , i love it to pieces :D

its worth all the time, effort, money, patience, heart ache, but ive finally got it :D now ive got to cope with the fuel costs lol, ive odne £150 in 3 days yo !

Fecking reliable too thats the best bit :lol:

thanks again,

Very cool Stu.

What were the final numbers then, stick your dyno sheet up for us to have a gander at.
How come you decided on the lower boost setting in the end?
Why is the intercooler tilted back, is there a space issue with the GTiR Kit?

Haha, space issue??!? I spent most of monday in the rain trying to get the thing to fit!!
Seriously though where it is it can't move in any direction more than a few mil. The p1 bumper provides less space compared to the p2, and I can see that Simcard's Autech bumper is going to come in reeeeal handy ;)

Low boost is an inital safety thing for now I believe. Not sure where Stu is going to go with the final map though. You can bet your arse he'll up it until he hits at least 300bhp (I think it's approx 280bhp 230lbft, 230whp at the mo).

Everyone should know that during the initial stages of mapping, this car made 50bhp at just 2000rpm with 0.1BAR of boost.. Very impressive.

The final figures were like Ed said: 280bhp at 0.6BAR boost.

Joe

yeah it made 232 bhp @ wheels, 220lbft @ wheels / 278 bhp + 264lbft @ the fly @ 0.6 bar :lol:

i left the dyno printout at GTart, i was in a rush and left it behind, so its in the post :D

Yeah i was well happy, @2000 rpm it made 50 bhp!

sorry i havent been posting much been super busy :(
ill be upping the boost in the next few weeks, in stages, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1 bar, all ove the next few months :D
the engine will be strong enough, so no probs there :D

yeah it made 232 bhp @ wheels, 220lbft @ wheels / 278 bhp + 264lbft @ the fly @ 0.6 bar :lol:

i left the dyno printout at GTart, i was in a rush and left it behind, so its in the post :D

Yeah i was well happy, @2000 rpm it made 50 bhp!

sorry i havent been posting much been super busy :(
ill be upping the boost in the next few weeks, in stages, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1 bar, all ove the next few months :D
the engine will be strong enough, so no probs there :D

Then you'll be in wheelspin heaven :D

IMG_7565.jpg

All worth it now mate :thumb:

def All worth it,
the whole car just works brilliantly,
everything,
the brakes, coilovers, engine (power), looks (apart from the dents)
its perfect, just the way i want it :D
i still have a few general maintainence bit to do,
2x trackrod ends, 1x wishbone, poly bush kits for the wishbones and ARB, momo steering wheel, momo gearknob, a pair of mint door cards and then a real good clean and polish, which im hoping ed will give us a hand with, with his super 3 step thing he has ;)
all the parts listed above i have in my bedroom, so will get them on over the next few weeks :D

other than that its perfect,

Back
Top Bottom