Stus Track Car

na havent removed the abs unit, just the wiring for now, i didnt remove the aircon matrix did have a nosey about how to remove it. wasnt to sure on it tho, will the matrix inside the black come out?

The Air con matrix just comes out of the blower motor thing. A few screws and clips IIRC. Just wrap some duct tape round the gap it leaves.

The ABS pump is fucking heavy, would weigh more than the wiring for the whole car. You should have removed it when you had the engine out.

na havent removed the abs unit, just the wiring for now, i didnt remove the aircon matrix did have a nosey about how to remove it. wasnt to sure on it tho, will the matrix inside the black come out?

Yeah take the black box out and split it in two, you can take the air con matrix thing out and just put it back together.

ah thanks mark/chris. i wasnt to sure, its easy to get to as ive only half a dash ;)

yeah when i change the engine next year ill remove it, is there a kit for it iirc? new pipes?

I have used a SRi non abs Master, then it's obviously new brake lines from there to each brake ala..

20120321_163731.jpg

ah sweet cheers sim. whats involved in fitting the master cylinder?
also ive heard about the seals go dont they? did you replace them?

Two bolts to remove the old one, pop the new one in. Didn't have to use any new seals. The thing doesn't leak. If it aint broke 'n all that.

Of course i did it myself. I'm a qualified mechanic. We have both on and off car flaring kits. I did all the flaring off the car for these as i measured the length of pipe i would need first using string in the same position as the brake line.

Reactions: edk
Back
Top Bottom