Stus Track Car

Surely it will just be like a gti....

'other people' weren't willing to swap some sr18 cams for autech cams.....

Does the highport eGT engine rev higher though? Stock power is higher too? dunno, bit of a n00b with this highport lark.

stock power was sometimes quoted as like 6hp more than a mera gti engine but that was apparently due to the lack of a precat in the downpipe with the lower emissions restrictions of the earlier 90s.

afaik, theres not much difference other than that.

Having said that when i went from a sunny gti with an egt engine, to an almera gti it felt slow as shit. Prolly more weight related though.

Spose if stu is gonna put like c3s or c2s in then the extra capacity will help. If he's puttin this engine in and leaving it stock i'm totally confused as to why he'd bother what with the sr18 making 2.0litre power anyway on stock cams :lol:

im lost how come you got rid of the sr18 after the mapping and getting cam gears etc. sorry if im just having a moment and missed something

SR18 died. Well, cam change over problem, broke shit, so source another engine. It was always the plan to stay with the SR18 but his hand has been forced now and proceeding with this.

-mobile phone post-

header, exhaust, remap on this egt engine?

having just done that on the sr18? no bigger cams? nothing?

*head hurts*

EDIT:eek:ohhhhhh i see, so hebroke the sr18 and this is the replacement. now i get it.

as you were, good work

It wasnt an issue because it was different cams, it was an issue just generally in the fitting. Something went wrong.

Sorry I know I'm speaking for Stu a lot here but I know he's not on the forums a lot so makes sense for me to reply :lol:

Adjustable cam gears decided to eat themselves causing the engine to run about 20 degrees out and sound like an old derv.

Not quite aligned right I think, it was on the dowl and felt like it was lined up right so we pulled it in on the bolt and the rest be history x

just need to turn the cam slightly with a spanner to locate it in the gear, what broke then?

GSpec. Dont think the wobble was done then.

Valves bent I think Sam. Pel might confirm, I wasnt actually there for fitting.

The cam gear hole elongated. We started it up and it was rattling like mad, done a compression test and they all came back fine.

Back
Top Bottom