Stus Track Car

All FWD SR20's are 53J AFAIK.

Here's a list from SR20forum:

53J 2L- Flat Pistons, highport, egrless and gold/black Valve cover (*)
53J 2R - Normal pistons, highport, egrless and gold/black Valve cover
53J 4R - found in South African Nissan Sentra's and Sabre's. Silver valve cover and 10:1 compression.
53J 7R. Gold Valve cover with black strip down middle, egr-less, tubulor exhaust, highport
53J V1 - USDM Black Channel Valve Cover Highport 9.5:1 1990-92 Red Injectors EGR OBD-1
53J V2 - 1R USDM Silver Valve Cover Highport 9.5:1 Red Injectors EGR OBD-1 1993 RIBS
53J V3 - 5R JDM Ribs on head Silver Valve Cover Red Injectors Mitsubu Alt. tubular ex. manifold 1/1 in circle and /5 in circle on head beside 53J
53J V4 - JDM Black Channel valve cover
53J V5 - JDM Silver Valve Cover No Ribs
53J V6 - BlueBird SR20DET 8.5:1 sodium filled valves 7mm stem Oil Squirters T25 Turbo High Imp. 370cc Injectors Top Mount Intercooler Oil Cooler Hydraulic Lifters Single TB
53J V7 - JDM Black Channel valve cover tubular ex. manifold 10:1
53J V8 - 2L W11 Avenir 8.5:1 silver valve cover Ribs 370cc purple injectors T25 ball bearing turbo Big TPS No EGR Mitsu altenator High port Internal coil OBD-I Stock oil catch can steel pipe has a built in restrictor.........the one the runs from the valve cover forward then behind the distributor to the stock catch can. same BOV/CBV as teh 1stGen DSM
53J V9 - W10 weaker BOV then the W11 Non ball bearing turbo 8.5:1
53J V10 - 3L 10:1 JDM bare aluminum cover w/ black in the middle No Ribs under the coil there is a circle with a line through it and a small number 7
53J V11 - 2R I think this is a W10 BlueBird SR20DET 8.5:1 sodium filled valves 7mm stem Oil Squirters T25 Turbo High Imp. 370cc Injectors Top Mount Intercooler Oil Cooler Hydraulic Lifters Single TB Red V/C black channel
53J V12 - 3L JDM Ribbed head, All silver valve cover, either a 6 or 9 and a 1 in circles under the coil.
53J V13 - 8R JDM with an 8 in a circle behind the coil bare aluminum vc tubular header external coil and egrless of course highport ribs on the side of head
53J V14 - 8L USDM Ribs 93 NX2000 All Silver Valve cover 9.5:1

tbh i dont know what is exactly wrong with my sr18de engine,
and it would cost more to fix or find out whats wrong with it o i picked up a egt highport for £80! off my mate, as his doing a gtir conversion,

got it up and running last night, runs sweet!, gonna do a oil change today.

2 things tho the engine temp guage on the clocks isnt working and the oil pressure switch doesnt go off but the oil is to the correct level,

in terms of power, i reckon it will give good results, as the highport sr18 had 136bhp factroy befroe mapping etc so i reckon wih my mods,

n15 gti MAF
kv85's
2.25" cat back exhaust
2.5" decat
4-2-1 header
BMC CDA filter
Dastek uniQ mapping
shell vpower

i was looking at about an extra 5bhp wit the egt cams and pullys, but now i have the bigger capacity, i reckon about and extra 15-20 over my sr18 figure,

so about 167+ bhp, which is a tad more than my red gti back in the day when i was running NA, :)
and that was quick, and as its lost lots of weight, it should be ace on track,

oh and more torque too!

All SR20 heads flow that well, you do not need to worry about anything.
Even the WORST SR20 heads are beautifully cast and flow worlds better than ford/vauxhall equivalents.
Now give it up!

And Stu.... Why not just fit a P10 eGT ECU instead of paying for mapping on a standard engine again???

because even a std egt ecu will not produce more power than a mapped egt ecu,

it doesnt matter what ecu i use (currently running the origonal gti sr20de ecu) the dastek will run run any sr20 with any ecu :)

and as for the 2 guages not working im just gonna buy some guages like what ive got in my turbo, then it will more accurate too :)

here are some more pics from last weekend and today :)

once the engine was out last sat, me and pel got the new egt lump in on the sunday,

my work yard (mum & dads sidewalk/driveway)
the egt box is the bottom right one, this is what ill be using to help fix the pulsar :)
06032011405.jpg

got the new lump onto the gti box, and got the loom connected up :) had probs tho as the injector loom for the sr18 has different connectors on it :) so had to get and modify the injector loom so i got that fitted and BAM it started first time! :)
Had to swap the sr18 dizzy onto it and removed the coil and egt dizzy,
06032011406.jpg

Ready to go in...
06032011407.jpg

All in, levels checked, all bolted in tight, got the last gearbox poly mount fitted, cleaned up the engie bay,
12032011410.jpg

12032011411.jpg

12032011412.jpg

Then gave it a good wash then its all done ready for mapping in a week or 2 and then SPA bitches!!!
12032011413.jpg

12032011414.jpg

12032011415.jpg

:)

na dave, :)

The highport onlt comes on the older motors like the sunny and the P10

than they started to reduce emisions i guess etc :)

Weren't all the Aussie N15's highport?

Yes indeed, all SSS's had highport SR20s, as did Autech GTis. Officially no UK GTis had highports, however I have seen one and heard of another that did have them fitted, although if this was done after the car was built I don't know.

Back
Top Bottom