supermonster - N15 GTi in Kuro Black

What you done with your old wheels?

Nothing yet. Still got them. They are/were in FOR SALE section and I want to sell them but first I will polish the chrome lips for the buyer cos there are some marks/scratches but they're not damged or bent. Goodyear Eagle's F1 with plenty of tread are on them - I wish I could have them on Volk's but Volk's are 16".

again im sorry didnt mean it in the way it has come accross :(

Well, first of all apologies accepted. Second, very often I make horrible/nasty/ugly jokes to people so I felt offended, let's say 80%. I thought" OK, you killed me with my own weapon" Then I was gonna ask admin to remove your post but I don't have to do it now as it has been cleared and explained. No harm, mate - just one more thing to have a laugh at AOC meetings...:D

Have you rectified your oil issues completely yet?
Joe

Yes - after engine swap everything is as it should be. I understand the fact that 120000 miles is a lot and oil consumption will occur but now, when it uses about 0,5 - 0,8 litre in 5000 miles, it's acceptable. SR20 FTW! Thank you guys for comments, it's really important to me that you like the look of my ride! I won't feel unsure when going to a motor show...

Not long ago on a motorway in Germany whilst racing Accord Type R:

dsc00056krt.jpg

hard to say, I was so focused on driving - at this speed motorways are not that straight as they are at 70 mph ;-)

But the needle was touching 140 - wheelset I've got on GTi now is slightly bigger than stock 195/55/15 and speed on the clocks in nearly the same as on sat nav. But there is a downside of it - every 300 miles on the clock travelled is really 310 on sat nav. it proves the theory that manufacturers setting speedos lower to protect people from speeding.

Accord Type R was faster but only a little bit. When I was doing 141 he could have maybe 143-145 and I think that was his top speed. Considering stock BHP comparison 212 Accord and 143 Almera I'm very very pleased with the result!

hard to say, I was so focused on driving - at this speed motorways are not that straight as they are at 70 mph ;-) (supermonster)

Know exactly what you mean - reminds of the 1st time I took an Audi A8 quattro on the autobahn. It breezed up to the restricted 155 mph in no time, but concentration became important as the 'gentle' bends turned into corners ! :D

Good effort mate - that's very respectable for a non-tuned Gti. Bet the Accord driver was surprised, lol ! :lol:

Well, if a GTi with:

4-2-1 s/s header
stainless steel catback
XTD lighweight flywheel
VOLK lightweight alloys

is considered as a non-tuned GTi so I guess you are right. ;)

Whells are 16" with 205/50 tyres that are 2.6% bigger than stock.

Now running on Valvoline Syn Power 5W40 Fully Synthetic engine oil (of course neds topping up sometimes, about 1 litre/3-4k miles)

why are you running it on fully synthetic???

would definately be the reason for you needing to top it up so often....

Back
Top Bottom