supermonster - N15 GTi in Kuro Black

Car is back on the street! New SR20 bought off Simcard runs sweet. Took me 4 days to swap engines - it's an awful lot of work.

Pictures and more info to follow!

Now I'm going for a drink - I f***ing deserve it!!!

glad its runnign mate!

it aint that big of a job once you done it a few times :p
hour to get one out - and an hour in with the other, then 2 hours tinkering to make sure everything correct

good success though :)

DRIVEWAY SWAP

I finally found some spare time to update the DRIVEWAY SWAP pictures, so here we go...

Last shot of the dead SR20:

Preparing to take engine out:

Disconnecting gearbox lever linkage:

Engine crane is ready:

Car is ready too:

Few pictures taken during taking the engine out:

“OK honey, up!”

And old engine went down on the ground:

Taking some weight off the crane:

Engine ready to be pulled out from underneath the car:

Engine’s gone:

In the meantime my girlfriend was refurbishing the new engine:

To be continued...

And unfortunately one of the exhaust manifold bolts snapped and I had to drill a hole, threaded it and used some fire gum to seal it:

Coffee table:

How to stop a leak from power steering hose?

I also had to spend some time fitting new brakes on my mates Focus:

Gearbox taken off the engine and dust removed:

Picture of lightweight flywheel – clutch disc was at the end of its life and already started grooving the flywheel. Fortunately, not much…

As I posted somewhere else before – the weight of stock flywheel is 10kg. My XTD Stage 3 flywheel weight is 4.95 kg.

Some tools did not make it:

Battlefield:

well done mate, your girlfriend is ace, 99% of girlfriends would fold their arms and sigh loudly :lol:

Thanks guys!

I did not have chance to take any photos when putting new engine in, just some after the job was done:

Total cost is 170 pounds:
Engine - 50
Alternator belt & powersteering belt - 18
Clutch cable - 30
Coolant - 18
High temp paint - 3x6=18
Power steering fluid and high pressure hose washers - 9
Elf 10W40 engine oil - 17
Oil filter - 10

+ petrol Carlisle - Scarborough to collect engine from Simcard.

+ foglight bought off Daniel (2.0 lt GTi) - 30 quid

Big thanks to everyone that helped me, especially Simcard and stufagti for helping me over the phone and of course to Liam from Carlisle for towing my dead car back home.

Very very very nice. Top work from the missus too like! That's a rare rare find.

Take it your dremilling/sandpapering back the detail on the rocker? :D

Clean indeed. I was surprised myself - loom is exactly how it was before, all clips and plastic bits intact and in place.

I know that the axle stands look bit "cowboy" but I used them just to take a bit of weight off the engine crane...

Today Liam helped me again with adjusting timing - after I fitted dizzy cap it was between 13* and 15* and moving. But after adjusting using light gun it's steady 15*, engine vibrates less and should pick up quicker. We'll see.

Yes - the rocker cover will be finished off soon.

My girlfriend is very happy reading your comments, guys. To be honest I did not find her - she found me!

Jammy get.

Wezz adjusted my (and others) timing at the last Northern meet to 17.5 deg and the difference is massive, more responsive, smoother idle and more top end pull. Recommended.

Next Northern meet is Sunday if you fancy a run out!

Back
Top Bottom