th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Th3k3ymast3r said:
18's, will get more profiles pics soon.
My smaller K750i camera is not the best tool for the job, however, my P990i is much better.
glad to hear that your a Sony Ericsson Fan :)

I can't wait to see this at JAE :)

SR20DET.jpg

Bring some perspex to cover that engine with, i may not be able to control myself if i get near it! Looks stunning mate, and i bet it goes well with it too.

there's plenty to tidy in this car. the wiring for one. there is loads of body scratches. fortunately they don't seem apparent in the photos. those aside yeah this really flies. drinks loads too!

took the car on some boost runs today to try and get the lo boost tuned. done ok but I'm a novice so it'll do til I see Ed.

Okay recently installed some Razo Pedals ordered in from Japan, then realised they sell them at Halfrauds! :roll: Although I did get a lot cheaper. :D

carbon_razo_pedals.jpg

He he, nice trainers..

Leigh, in your sig you write "Custom Powerflow Turbo back", just thought you should know it was built by powerspeed http://www.powerspeed.co.uk/. Yes a shit website, but do a top quality job, and have a great racing heritage.
Apprently the built the exhaust for the Lola Lemans (Early Ford GT40) ;)

Powerflow just sounds a bit cheap, that exhaust cost me £705 :lol: .

Jme_GTi said:
He he, nice trainers..

Leigh, in your sig you write "Custom Powerflow Turbo back", just thought you should know it was built by powerspeed http://www.powerspeed.co.uk/. Yes a shit website, but do a top quality job, and have a great racing heritage.
Apprently the built the exhaust for the Lola Lemans (Early Ford GT40) ;)

Powerflow just sounds a bit cheap, that exhaust cost me £705 :lol: .

Sorry man, my mistake, thought you had said powerflo will make the change.
Unfortunately, haven't been able to see Ed - he's busy getting ready for JAE which is fair enough.

Car still running sluggish. Will mean more boost runs until get it right.
Have it on 30% lo 30 gain and 36 set gain. :(

So a little update news if anyone was interested. Booked an appointment with Ed at fusion-motorsport and getting a full GTiR ECU remap and getting the speed delimiter sorted.

Interesting chat with Ed; said the car has a 425bhp potential with an uprated GT3071 Turbo with RS 1000cc injectors. (how tempting is that!) but for now going to stick to the T28. Especially, since I'll be on holiday soon. Hopefully, I can resist buying the part in the U.S. while I'm there.

So the remap happens next Friday, I then plan getting it to Surrey Rolling Road the follow day for a couple of power runs.

I'll post up the results when I get them.

Surely you'll have more lag and when it boosts you will just spin the front wheels.

Also, have you spot/seem welded any of the car to stop it bending? it was meant for 140bhp, not 425.

Good point about the spot welding. Has it even got uprated engine mounts?

Cars looking great. Once you have bigger CC injectors and have it re-mapped you`ll see some impressive power figures.

Benskett said:
Surely you'll have more lag and when it boosts you will just spin the front wheels.

Also, have you spot/seem welded any of the car to stop it bending? it was meant for 140bhp, not 425.

Maybe something I'll do later but not now. =) Yeah was thinking that anyways if I do go ahead with a bigger turbo. Was looking at getting one of those strut braces for underneath the car as a part solution. Be interesting to know at which points you reckon spot welding would help.

With regards to the lag this is what they said about the GT3071:

"Initally we expected the 0.64 to be a better choice, however in our early stages of testing, we discovered that the 0.86 is infact a perfect match. Don't worry turbo lag or boost threashold, on a test pulsar we were making 1.7 bar at just a fraction over 3500 rpm, significanly more than a stock turbo could. So for those who like their mid range torque this one is for you. However it didn't end there as it kept going at the top end too. As for response it was almost as if it was connected directly to the throttle, the rollerbearing core is amazing and quite simply not something we had seen before with these cars!"

So perhaps nothing to worry about?

I'll definately ask him about the need for improve rigidity when I see Ed next week. Thanks for the heads up!

rowdy-GTi said:
Good point about the spot welding. Has it even got uprated engine mounts?

Cars looking great. Once you have bigger CC injectors and have it re-mapped you`ll see some impressive power figures.

Not sure on what engine mounts are on there, again something to ask when I get the bigger turbo installed. But strengthening the car was definately one thing on my mind when increasing the power!

Th3k3ymast3r said:
Not sure on what engine mounts are on there, again something to ask when I get the bigger turbo installed. But strengthening the car was definitely one thing on my mind when increasing the power!

They are standard engine mounts, if you do uprate them, I would be a lot worried that the bonnet my have to be raised slightly, the inlet manifold pretty much touches as it is, and I can imagine with the uprated mounts it may sit fractionally higher.

Yeah definitely, i didn't mean don't do it, I just wanted to make Leigh aware that he might have to modify the bonnet brackets.

just out of curiosity, shouldn't uprated mounts be the same dimensions as standard, just made of a stiffer material? that's what my grpN 205 mounts are like.

As it is making any modifcation to Almeras, everything is custom made. So I'd expect nothing to go smoothly in this case. There were some nismo engine & transmission mounts Clicky but not sure whether these fit the pulsar engine?? At another site they're discontinued for the pulsar versions so may now look at other brands.

Although japanparts.com could be promising.

Thanks everyone for the cautions - probably draw up a list of items and work that maybe needed for this upgrade.

24SEVEN said:
just out of curiosity, shouldn't uprated mounts be the same dimensions as standard, just made of a stiffer material? that's what my grpN 205 mounts are like.

Unfortunately, no dimension data for the parts:
Front: 087-210-007(RH) (RNN14)
Rear: 087-210-009 (RNN14)

I'd post a msg up on GTiROC but having login issues at the mo.
However, you would think they'd be the same tho.

Back
Top Bottom