th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Th3k3ymast3r said:
and there is a fuel leak where the sensors are in the rear seat cover!!

Was told it looked like an OEM fuel pump needs uprating, but I had thought it was a Walbro uprated one? - but it isn't or at least its not behaving as such. So in sad conclusion I was advised not to bring the car over the 4000 rpm range on boost - so we set the Boost controller to off.

its leaked from there since it was first turbo'd with the bolt on kit, suprised it hasnt been fixed yet as it stunk, it meant you couldnt fill it right up, and couldnt go much below half as it needed a swirl pot and it kept starving the engine.
Also surpised at it feeling fast with only running that power, need to drive around with less music on and listen for it pinking, it was the reason for the first engine to go.
It did have a walbro paid for to be fitted and was meant to, but you never know with some tuning places you're best off pulling it out and checking it.

NaylorGTI said:
its leaked from there since it was first turbo'd with the bolt on kit, suprised it hasnt been fixed yet as it stunk, it meant you couldnt fill it right up, and couldnt go much below half as it needed a swirl pot and it kept starving the engine.
Also surpised at it feeling fast with only running that power, need to drive around with less music on and listen for it pinking, it was the reason for the first engine to go.
It did have a walbro paid for to be fitted and was meant to, but you never know with some tuning places you're best off pulling it out and checking it.

Cheers Naylor,
Will have a looky when I'm back from hols.

It's definately got a Walbro pump in there. 2nd one thats been in actually because I thought the first one had failed so I replaced it for a new Walbro before it was figured out to be the injectors the tuning place had initially used that had packed up, but as Naylor said there has always been an issue with it because the lack of a swirlpot for starters.

Okay a lil' update, now I'm back from Cali. Got these babies ordered from the US:

3071R-WG.jpg

Nismo_16600RR544_1.jpg

Now scouting for a reputable company to install and create a custom swirlpot.

Not sure which of the Nismo engine mounts to buy so thought I'd ask first; do you know if these would work? Nismo Engine mounts

Also I'll be fitting wheel spacers for the front wheels do you know which of the Nismo studs would fit the Almera? Please go to http://www.frsport.com and search "Nismo" on the top left menu.

Any help appreciated.

very very nice mate looks mint, showing it anytime i would love to see it

Those engine mounts wont work as they aren't for transverse engines. get some B14 Energy Suspension ones.

what you doing about the fact its waaay down on power mate?

i wouldn't be sticking bigger turbo and injector's on till it was pushing out at least 280bhp, at least then you know it will be running properly.

Wacking a bigger turbo on while it's not running properly spell's disaster to me?

syms said:
what you doing about the fact its waaay down on power mate?

i wouldn't be sticking bigger turbo and injector's on till it was pushing out at least 280bhp, at least then you know it will be running properly.

Wacking a bigger turbo on while it's not running properly spell's disaster to me?

Only got the parts as it was the next I was going to do.
Still awaiting the Fully mapped GTiR ECU to arrive.
Still looking around for a company to do the work so it won't be immediate but it is now second priority to fixing the fuel system hence the swirl pot custom work needed, fuel system as whole has to be checked and I'm thinking the breather pipes may have a leak which may be reason the fuel air mixture becomes lean. Since they're black its hard to see if there are any holes. Probably best I replace the lot with new ones or braided hoses.

alot of people who use the 3071R on the gtiroc claim it fit's really badly (but still fit's i suppose) without spacer's on the standard manifold.

Most of them use manifold spacer's to give a bit more room. You need to elongate some of the stud's etc, and modify your water/oil lines. The bolt's are the same thread etc but the lines need modifying slightly, most people opt for getting custom made braided hoses for it. There is a group buy on the gtiroc for the braided lines at the min, might be worth you having a look?]

take a look on the gtiroc, all the info you need is on there dude

As quoted from fusion-motorsport:

elongate the holes on the oil return and one stud on the down pipe. You will need to do some minor alterations to boost pipework on the inlet and outlet, but only to a more standard configuration.

Having access problems with GTIROC at the moment so unable to join the group buy. May contact the supplier directly as it would seem to be closing soon!

yeah mate, but belive me they are harder to fit than fusion motorsport let on.

if you have the one with the 4" inlet, then you 100% NEED to space it from the engine, depends which one you baught, they are both in that picture you supplied :P

you may also require some form of MAP sensor or a bigger AFM like the z32, aparently the 3071r has a tendancy to max out the standard one :P

anyway im sure once you get onto gtiroc and have a search you will see what i mean mate :) see you on there :P

*EDIT* just seen you ordered a set :) shame u wrote your name in white writing when the forum background is white/grey thou :P can hardly read it :P

syms said:
yeah mate, but belive me they are harder to fit than fusion motorsport let on.

if you have the one with the 4" inlet, then you 100% NEED to space it from the engine, depends which one you baught, they are both in that picture you supplied :P

you may also require some form of MAP sensor or a bigger AFM like the z32, aparently the 3071r has a tendancy to max out the standard one :P

anyway im sure once you get onto gtiroc and have a search you will see what i mean mate :) see you on there :P

*EDIT* just seen you ordered a set :) shame u wrote your name in white writing when the forum background is white/grey thou :P can hardly read it :P

Just realised the legibility depends what forum sking you have enable - I have the dark blue one?

I also ordered the Z32 MAF while I was in the states so I have that covered should arrive with the nismo 740cc injectors. I'm hoping to get all of the work done at once, fuel system, turbo upgrade and ECU map; I know I'll need some pipework done too. So I'll need to be careful who I choose to do it. Other annoying stuff yet to fix is the water sprinkler system to connect to the stalk control and the foggies. Also considering relocating the battery to the rear to allow space fit the air conditioning back.

The wiring for the washers should all be there in place, they will need extending to reach i imagine, but you should need to go all the way back to the stalk.

All i did was cut the wires near where the alarm sits, and then i mated them with the rear washer wires, it's just a case of undoing the connection near alarm and extending the wires to wherever the washer bottle now is.

Also i am pretty sure the foglight wiring should still be there, they may not have the connectors on the end, but the wiring should be there, i think they have Grey corrugated plastic shielding over them.

Jme_GTi said:
The wiring for the washers should all be there in place, they will need extending to reach i imagine, but you should need to go all the way back to the stalk.

All i did was cut the wires near where the alarm sits, and then i mated them with the rear washer wires, it's just a case of undoing the connection near alarm and extending the wires to wherever the washer bottle now is.

Also i am pretty sure the foglight wiring should still be there, they may not have the connectors on the end, but the wiring should be there, i think they have Grey corrugated plastic shielding over them.

Hi Jamie,

The thing is I've already spliced onto the wires and was expecting them to work but for some reason it isn't?? (pink/green and blue). From what I remember on the manual these are the correct wires. Don't need any extensions as I have new wires for the pump.

The fogs are another I'm scratching my head over. The connectors are all there and I've plugged them in - they just don't work? So now thinking I need someone who know whats what??

So for the moment using copious amounts of rainX hehe :)

Th3k3ymast3r said:
Hi Jamie,

The thing is I've already spliced onto the wires and was expecting them to work but for some reason it isn't?? (pink/green and blue). From what I remember on the manual these are the correct wires. Don't need any extensions as I have new wires for the pump.

The fogs are another I'm scratching my head over. The connectors are all there and I've plugged them in - they just don't work? So now thinking I need someone who know whats what??

So for the moment using copious amounts of rainX hehe :)

Ahh fuses, have you checked them? I'm almost certain I removed the fuse for the fogs, and it might well be that the washer ones are blown/missing.

Jamie

Th3k3ymast3r said:
I also ordered the Z32 MAF while I was in the states so I have that covered should arrive with the nismo 740cc injectors. I'm hoping to get all of the work done at once, fuel system, turbo upgrade and ECU map; I know I'll need some pipework done too. So I'll need to be careful who I choose to do it. Other annoying stuff yet to fix is the water sprinkler system to connect to the stalk control and the foggies. Also considering relocating the battery to the rear to allow space fit the air conditioning back.

so you got most thing's covered then mate :) Only trying to help ya by the way, not trying to push in on your project lol, i have my own project atm :) can't wait till you start putting ur shiny shiny bit's on :P gunna ave to show me lot's of pics :)

syms said:
so you got most thing's covered then mate :) Only trying to help ya by the way, not trying to push in on your project lol, i have my own project atm :) can't wait till you start putting ur shiny shiny bit's on :P gunna ave to show me lot's of pics :)

No worries syms - appreciate all the help. Think for now I'm just getting bits and pieces I think I may need for the job. My only concerns is finding a tuner thats close and a good one at that. Many of the reputable companies are over in Essex/Kent.

Back
Top Bottom