th3k3ymast3r's GTiR

Best bet is to fill the existing mounts with polyurethane to stiffen them up, thats what i`ve done. You`ll also get improved grip as the wheels wont `hop` anymore.

rowdy-GTi said:
Best bet is to fill the existing mounts with polyurethane to stiffen them up, thats what i`ve done. You`ll also get improved grip as the wheels wont `hop` anymore.

I heard filling them up increases vibration - is that true? However, hopping is something I rather not live with :confused:

Yeah gotta agree it's a fantastic car and you've obviously put a lot into it.
Really enjoyed looking at the conversion at JAE. I almost feel sorry for your gearbox, clutch and drive shafts for the amount of abuse there gonna get with 400+ bhp!

thanks for the comments guys, getting the car tuned and on the rolling road this Friday so I'll be able to find out what the car is pulling at the moment.

The 400bhp+ is only obtainable by upgrading the turbo and injectors; which I don't plan on until next year. By then I would have looked at what else is need to support the upgrade: chassis stiffening, bushes mounts, shafts, gearbox, lsd, clutch, etc etc. So for now I'll be just getting the parts together.

On holiday next week to the States so might take advantage of the $2 to the £1 rate and get the turbo and injectors if I can find them in California.

as regard to getting bit's over there:

www.everythingnissan.com sell all NISMO/JWT etc product's.

They are based in Phoenix, Arizona, which is the state NEXT to California. I think that would probably be your best bet mate.

(Map: http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=Phoenix,+AZ,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title)

Everything Nissan phone number: 0018882165328 (including international dialing code)

I would ring them up, if they can get you the bit's, say you will pick them up ina few week's, saving delivery cost's. I got my JWT cam's and pulley's from there, fast service, and they sell the cam's and gear's cheaper than JWT themselfs! Can't really ask for more!

syms

hope this help's bud!

syms

syms said:
as regard to getting bit's over there:

www.everythingnissan.com sell all NISMO/JWT etc product's.

They are based in Phoenix, Arizona, which is the state NEXT to California. I think that would probably be your best bet mate.

(Map: http://www.google.co.uk/maps?q=Phoenix,+AZ,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title)

Everything Nissan phone number: 0018882165328 (including international dialing code)

I would ring them up, if they can get you the bit's, say you will pick them up ina few week's, saving delivery cost's. I got my JWT cam's and pulley's from there, fast service, and they sell the cam's and gear's cheaper than JWT themselfs! Can't really ask for more!

syms

hope this help's bud!

syms

Had a looky at their site not very bright in terms of finding non-factory parts? I guess I will need to call them up since they don't list the pulsar?! or the nismo parts.

However, since they're kinda local to Cali I'm sure delivery wouldn't be that long.

Okay a rather disappointing day on the rolling road. Although it was great to meet the guys Charlie from Surrey Rolling Road and Ed from Fusion-motorsports; but sadly the GTiR wasn't feeling up to it or hasn't been feeling up to it for a while. There seems to be a blockage or delivery problem in terms of the fuel system and there is a fuel leak where the sensors are in the rear seat cover!!

Was told it looked like an OEM fuel pump needs uprating, but I had thought it was a Walbro uprated one? - but it isn't or at least its not behaving as such. So in sad conclusion I was advised not to bring the car over the 4000 rpm range on boost - so we set the Boost controller to off.

Need a mechanic to check the fuel system when I return from Cali. It would seem that the boost does come on but the fuel delivery doesn't increase with it?!

The most we could safely run was 160bhp but further could be risky. Well back to the old drawing board! It was expected to to 345bhp easily.

So there may be a few more parts to acquire while in the States.

Now wondering where I should go to get the work done correctly as Ed only covers ECU mapping.

Leigh, that's no good, sounds like a nightmare.

The Walbro fuel pump was fitted when I bought the car as a turbo conversion. I am pretty certain it has one. For one it whines like no bodies business, and it would never been able to fuel how well it has in the past I'm sure.

I'm not sure how possible a fuel pump failure is but it's definitely worth looking into. Where is the fuel leak again? where the pump is? Is it possible that the hose on the pump is leaking and that's why the engine doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel?

Norris Design's sell a high-pressure fuel pump for the almera/gtir (fit's both) (based in U.K)

or

JGY custom's in the USA sell high-pressure walbro pumps: http://www.jgycustoms.com/serg20/fuel.htm

i think on both pump's yopu need to chop the block connector's and join the wires...so probably an easy way to find out if it has an uprated pump on it, is too see wether or not the block connector's are there, or wether the wires have been joined?

hope this help's :)

Jme_GTi said:
Leigh, that's no good, sounds like a nightmare.

The Walbro fuel pump was fitted when I bought the car as a turbo conversion. I am pretty certain it has one. For one it whines like no bodies business, and it would never been able to fuel how well it has in the past I'm sure.

I'm not sure how possible a fuel pump failure is but it's definitely worth looking into. Where is the fuel leak again? where the pump is? Is it possible that the hose on the pump is leaking and that's why the engine doesn't seem to be getting enough fuel?

Had a quick look on Sunday at the pipes and the only thing I noticed was a block connector underneath the inlet manifold was hanging not connected to anything?? There was what looked like an opposing connector closer towards the chassis side still under the manifold. Is this meant to be connected?? what does it power if anything?

It sounds like it could be the oil pressure sensor switch, if i remember correctly i couldn't get it to work properly and the light would remain on all the time, maybe because the pulsar uses a gauge I'm not sure.

I think you need to be checking the fuel pump itself which is under the rear seats or checking the fuel tank from under the car. Was you not told where it was leaking from?

The fuel leak was found under the cover underneath the rear seats. It was visibly wet with fuel around the sensors. We soaked up the excess.

I'll have it chacked when I get back from hols, flying off tomorrow morn. Now looking at local part vendors in and around L.A. depending if I find any and if they sell the parts I'll be looking at getting the injectors and turbo upgrade and mounts.

I noticed that buying jwt cams locally are around the same price as buting them internationally less the delivery expense. So might opt to buys these later and get my cousin to ship them for me.

Thanks for the info about the disconnected connectors. May look into getting some gauges for the oil pressure, hopefully thats another way around.

Still no luck with finding the correct wires for the washer pump. May be easier once I get the GTiR ECU fully mapped by Ed, cos afterwards apparently, I won't be needing the blue e-manage or the HKS Speed Limiter Defencer. So a who less wiring to deal with!

Back
Top Bottom