'The Sleeper'

Oh yeah, I remember that...cheers!

I'll do that tomorrow with the clutch change and while I'm at it see if there is anything else that can be removed.

The electric window motors are quite heavy! Get rid and get windups from a poverty spec for the drivers plus there's that big metal panel that goes across the door. When I took the electrics out my old Autech doors I kept slamming them cos they were so much lighter.

Not long now for Polycarbonate Mr Bull!!

1kg saving had switching to manual winders.
Cut the rear tow hook off?.....replace the front one with a lighter one?

It just shows you how much the turbocharger (and associated parts) must weigh!

I know how heavy the 4" exhaust is...it took two of us to carry it!

OK, I did the clutch today with the helping hand of Ross (cheers bud).

We had a few issues, the first being a sheared mounting bolt (got it out thanks to an excellent stud extractor) and the other being a seized gearbox filler plug (I had to weld a socket to it and even then it was solid). Luckily I had a spare plug from an old gearbox, so all is good!

First impressions of the new clutch...well it is either on or off and that's it!

Looks as though I'll need to learn to drive again as I have already stalled it several times!

GOOD TIMES!!!

P.S. I managed to save another 5 KG's from the car again with about a hours work (cheers Ross for the idea!!!)

1015 KG's it is!!!

Wow! What a coincidence! I dont know my dad and Ive always wondered why I liked wearing skirts and eating haggis!!! x

Todays task was to go and 're-do' the passenger's door.

Although I had removed all of the parts that were bolted on, I didn't have the time to 'strip' the door properly when I did the full strip down of the car.

So with my trusty angle grinder I chopped away for several hours, removing most of the door skin (both layers), the side impact bar, window guide rail and check strap and after a bit of adding up on the kitchen scales another 5.06 kgs was saved.

Down to 1010 KGs now, so with the plastic windows this should see me hopefully to somewhere close to the magical 1000 KGs mark!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. The grinder kicked and I caught my left index finger...twas a spurter!!!

I was at a race company the other day and there was an S15 with a fully cut out door, was so lightweight and twisted plenty too, nice little saving there. Spurter doesnt sound great...

Back
Top Bottom