'The Sleeper'

That's seems very light for flywheel, you sure you didn't mix up weights?

Fidanza one weights in at high 10lbs nearer 11 if I remember right! I think my jwt was 9.7lbs

Fidanza is supposed to be 8.8lbs, though most flywheels are apparently a bit more than advertised, XTD are supposed to be 10.5 but are more like 12 for example.

iirc the exedy sr20 clutch kit has 9lb on the box as gross weight (for clutch, cover plate and release bearing) but at 17lb's for clutch and flywheel you are lighter than the stock flywheel alone!

Cheers guys!

The setup is a ClutchMasters flywheel and twin disc clutch.

I'll get some photos up later tonight.

OK, sorry for the delay, but I was working over the weekend and things were a bit hectic!

Anyways, some photos of the flywheel and clutch setup as promised...

ClutchMastersTwinDisc.jpg

ClutchMastersTwinDisc2.jpg

Sorry about the photos, but the camera is s**t, or it may be me who can't use it properly!

Oh and I added an extension to the front splitter today to reduce the amount of air passing under the car!

SplitterExtension.jpg

It is made of rubber, so even if it bottoms out on something, it will just flex and not just disintegrate!

Cheers

Dave

P.S. I had to alter the last photo, as the extension was the same colour as the underside and was difficult to see, so I bumped the contrast a bit to compensate.

Looking forward to Banzai mate, this just get more epic day by day.

Just a noob question, though, is there a point where it's detrimental to have too much downforce when working only in a straight line? I'm assuming there is (based on 'o' grade physics and trying to use to toy cars as roller-skates as a kid) but also assume that it's not an issue at the speeds we're talking about (based on F1s constant quest for downforce). Really just wondering if at your level aerodynamics will become a more significant factor. I read somewhere that N16s have the same aerodynamic coefficient as 911s (very prepared to believe that's bollocks, though). You know if anyone has put an N15 in an air-tunnel? What can you do (are planning to do) to to improve this (you're obviously thinking about it if venting your rear bumper).

I read somewhere that N16s have the same aerodynamic coefficient as 911s (very prepared to believe that's bollocks, though) Wraith

You're right Stu - it is bollocks :lol: The frontal area (cda) of an N16 is far less than a classic shape 911, although not so sure about the newer (996) models. I would wager that the N15 would have a higher cd factor for the same reason, although details like the shape of mirrors & drag of wiper design can influence those figures significantly.

dave what are your plans for your fidanza flywheel?

Yeah, as Ross said, it has already been pre-sold.

This shit just gets better and better! You going to be visiting shakeys this year Dave?

Yeah, hopefully get down this year!

Where you get the flywheel dave?

It is part of the ClutchMasters kit and very light it is......LOL!!!

Looking forward to Banzai mate, this just get more epic day by day.

Just a noob question, though, is there a point where it's detrimental to have too much downforce when working only in a straight line? I'm assuming there is (based on 'o' grade physics and trying to use to toy cars as roller-skates as a kid) but also assume that it's not an issue at the speeds we're talking about (based on F1s constant quest for downforce). Really just wondering if at your level aerodynamics will become a more significant factor. I read somewhere that N16s have the same aerodynamic coefficient as 911s (very prepared to believe that's bollocks, though). You know if anyone has put an N15 in an air-tunnel? What can you do (are planning to do) to to improve this (you're obviously thinking about it if venting your rear bumper).

I read somewhere that N16s have the same aerodynamic coefficient as 911s (very prepared to believe that's bollocks, though) Wraith

You're right Stu - it is bollocks :lol: The frontal area (cda) of an N16 is far less than a classic shape 911, although not so sure about the newer (996) models. I would wager that the N15 would have a higher cd factor for the same reason, although details like the shape of mirrors & drag of wiper design can influence those figures significantly.

I'm not looking for downforce, more streamlining to be honest.

The rear spolier on the GTi, which isn't really a spoiler as such, more an extension of the bodywork, already helps over the poor shape that is a 'hatch'.

The splitter on the front is really just an extension of the bumper (not a splitter as such) and the additional extension just adds to that factor.

It should act as an 'air dam', preventing excess air from travelling under the car, which is the 'dirty' area of drag.

It is already effortless to get to high speeds, but these wee tweaks should help even more!

Dave
I need to get in touch with Steve Naylor but have lost his number!!! Can you somehow get a message to him? Remember me - Geordie shower guy who had a red GTi and travelled Scotland in a Mondeo Estate!!! My number is 01670 774500.
Cheers
Hodge

Back
Top Bottom