'The Sleeper'

I'll be doing the clutch on Saturday and get the flywheel resurfaced and sent to you sometime next week.

If you want to send me the cheque now, then you can.

OK, I had some spare time today, so I ditched the driver's door card, window support, central locking actuator, interior handle and locking rod, side impact bar (no crashes for me), speaker and a few other bits and bobs hidden inside the door.

Oh and I took my time this time and actually made an effort with the cloth...

DriversDoorCard.jpg

Another job done!

I also ditched the stereo + aerial and also removed the associated wiring & bits. (Hey, that's what my iPod and headphones are for!)

I will be off to the weighbridge tomorrow to see how much it's down to!

Sub 1000 kgs would be awesome!

Best of luck, but I would think you will be.

Looking forward to seeing you at crail, gutted you've no passenger seat though. Lol.

I have a motor on the driver's side, but on the passenger side there is nothing, just a few bolts holding the glass in the upright position!

I have no air conditioning or cooling fan, so I need some sort of ventilation!

I don't think there is much better the manual and electric regulators anyways, maybe 1/2 a kilo at most!

1020 KG

Not bad considering it had a full tank of fuel, although I'm gutted I didn't get under the tonne, but it's still pretty light considering!

At least I know how much it is now, so if I remove (or heaven's forbid, add) weight, then I can workout a new figure pretty easily.

GOES TO GET THE GRINDER OUT...

I think a litre of fuel is 0.737 kilograms. So a dry weight would have taken you under the tonne.

Still good going. Like you say at least you have a figure now.

Yeah, about 35 kgs of fuel going by some rough calculations.

I mean I'm sure I could get the car lighter yet, but to lose another 20 kgs will take something special.

hey man youre doing bloody great, dont forget that as you have a turbo conversion on there you have added about 50kg's at least with the turbo, fmic, external wastegate etc etc and all the bits youve done/modded/added for the conversion too,

if you were NA and had no fluids you'd be sub 900ks!!!

I really dont get this, sub 900kg without fluids

Do you drive your car without fluids?

No thought not so any without fluids weights are about as relevant as a dog with a banana shoved up its arse, surely the sensible thing to do is to weigh the car with a full tank of juice and all fluids and the driver in it then base all fact on those real world figures. i only say full tank as everytime you weigh you fill the tank to keep things consistant

hey man youre doing bloody great, dont forget that as you have a turbo conversion on there you have added about 50kg's at least with the turbo, fmic, external wastegate etc etc and all the bits youve done/modded/added for the conversion too,

He wouldnt stu, cos he still has electric window regulators ;)

unless you have the thinner manual glass its not worth the effort

cause its worth it Sam, the regulators on the manuals are lighter, and im not bother by how much, there lighter, as the saying goes "every little helps" It all adds up mate

I'll be getting the plexiglass kit when it is available, so the regulator won't matter!

I recon with the windows and a bit of work here and there, that I can get it down to 1000 kgs!

I've already started...LOL!

I found a weight on the accelerator pedal, so that got cut off...not much, but it all helps!

WATCH THIS SPACE!!!

Back
Top Bottom