'The Sleeper'

I was looking at the tyres going through the original pics and thought something was up when I saw the front tyres.
Awesome looking engine.

OK, today I got the new intake setup finished and I to be honest, it has to be one of the best modifications that I have ever done.

NewIntake1.jpg

As you can see in the photo above, I have a 3" cold air feed to feed the rear filter (the bonnet scoop is now null & void), adding to the original cold air feed which feeds the front filter.

I installed a new twin 76mm (3") intake on the front and used neoprene piping to feed both filters.

NewIntake3.jpg

I feel now, that the car is now almost complete, just the intercooler to do and new rear beam bushes and that's it!

NewIntake2.jpg

OK, now for the test run...

[video=youtube;gVWV_hXl39E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVWV_hXl39E[/video]

After completion, I decided to hit the private track and give the car a wee test run on low boost setting.

To put it simply, I am amazed at the difference in power output on low boost in comparison to my old open filter setup.

The speedo is as you may know or may not know, an Import Pulsar unit, with an AUTECH face, converted to MPH (180 max). Oh and the boost is roughly set at 10 psi.

I will need to get it on the rollers to see how much of a difference there is on the high boost setting and also to check the AFR's and for any detonation.

First impressions though are astounding!!!

Sorry about the quality of the video, as it was from my phone!

Looking good and well worth the effort put in who knows you may well set a trend here Dave?

Sent from my iPad® using Tapatalk

Duct tape is cheap and can be formed to virtually any shape you want!

To have the bumper the way I wanted cost me a grand total of £5.30

Ghetto mods FTMFW

A wee trip to AVA this morning just to see if everything was OK, since the car hasn't been remapped since the exhaust and intake change.

Yet again, on 22 psi, in 5th gear due to traction issues...

22psiin5thGear3rdOctober2011.jpg

Run before and after mapping (mostly more ignition advance in the lower end, hence the quicker spool time and a bit more fuel in the top end)

SERIOUSLY HAPPY!!!

Dave

P.S. No gearbox breakages!!!

Back
Top Bottom