'The Sleeper'

awesome. Is it me or can you actually hear it spooling just before you overtake him?

OK, the next thing that I had on the 'to-do' list was to make the air intake more efficient.

I had considered a small heat shield around each filter to help with heat soak, but I thought if I was going to do it, then do it properly.

So after a few days work, this is what I came up with...

DSC00017.jpg

DSC00018.jpg

Both filters are now enclosed and the rear filter has a new 3" cold-air feed from the side (being fed from the front of the car), being much more efficient than the previous feed that came from the bonnet scoop.

I plan on installing a twin 3" scoop, where my current air intake sits on the front bumper. When I fit it, I will upload more photos!

damm u dave thats what i had planned as soon as me and phil got into our unit but well done looks tidy. dont suppose u have measurements of the sheets u used ? save me some R&D

Tidy job! How do you even go about working on that car with the engine bay that cramped? ha

With a lot of swearing!

Trust me, this made the exhaust look easy!

damm u dave thats what i had planned as soon as me and phil got into our unit but well done looks tidy. dont suppose u have measurements of the sheets u used ? save me some R&D

Hahahahahaha, sorry bud, but I've been meaning to do it for quite a while now, just couldn't be bothered.

Anyways, nope I didn't take measurements of the sheets, however they would only really applicable to my engine bay, as I had to avoid the recirculation valve, fuse boxes etc and they are not in the usual positions.

Best thing you can do bud is make it out of cardboard, then replicate it in metal.

Hope this helps!

Nah, that's not street legal, plus I would need to pull the indicator and headlight out to fit that everytime.

Looks cool though!

Back
Top Bottom