top speed

ah all of you DE boys running out of puff before the rev limit, i hit my limiter and my power hasnt peaked yet :D VVL yo

yeah sam, if you change about 6700-675 rpm, then you be going across the line accelerating, rather than hitting the limiter and not accelertaing :D try it next time,
practice your gear changes and get them spot on and you should increase your terminal speed time :)

I've never maxed out any car in this country but when I was running Psycho_Eddie's old SRi in the south of France (before they had speed cameras) I was doing 134mph at 6,400'ish rpm in 5th. Had to stop accelerating as we were running budget tyres and it appeared to start losing grip even though I was going in a straight line.

it came.....from the GRAVE!
Sorry, I'm searching the forums for an answer to removing speed and rpm limits without having to buy a bypass controller. I've found a cowboy way of removing the RPM limit but not the speed yet.

After my VE is mapped I'll take it to Italy to find out what it can do (rpm/top speed).

Sorry, I'm searching the forums for an answer to removing speed and rpm limits without having to buy a bypass controller. I've found a cowboy way of removing the RPM limit but not the speed yet.

After my VE is mapped I'll take it to Italy to find out what it can do (rpm/top speed).

you dont have a speed limiter... DE ecu yeah?

thats a bit excessive why not just put it on a rolling road...
Would they do that for somebody? I heard they just max out the rpm limit in 4th and do nobody any personal favours.

you dont have a speed limiter... DE ecu yeah?
Don't know if I have a speed limit, managed 124mph on the A16 Beaumont-sur-Oise near Paris, France years ago when I just had the swap done and it was still pulling.

Had mine bouncing the limiter in 5th on a (admittedly cheap) sat nav showing 234kph which is 145 mph.
Seeing as I have the same gearbox I guess I should expect the same.

I'll see if the RR company will allow me to find out.

A RR won't tell you the top speed though as it will be limited by aero drag on the road unless you have loads of power.

But it will give you an idea of the speed achievable hitting the limiter in 5th

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom