updates on the n14 vvl/ nos/ lsd project

use injectors, MAF, dizzy from your DE andy to get it up and running, the ECU will be going do lally with all the mixing up of sensors and what not

I'll look those bits out for you on Monday Andy. Defo got the injectors still so could post them to you unless you have some already. Not sure about the dizzy and obviously haven't got the MAF. At least you've found a problem now.

*sigh*

how many times i or other people have said use de stuff from the start. this thing shoulda been started months ago, busy schedule or not

ve dizzy was a stupid idea. get it sorted for the love of god

i think it would start with the ve injectors, possibly even the almera maf -although it'd probably run like shit and rich as fook, all over the place. But if you were literally having it mapped from the off then prolly be ok.

In my eyes it's purely a dizzy problem so if nothing else is changed the dizzy is the start. I wouldn't have wanted to be wiring up a totally different dizzy/loom. The other de bits would prolly help too but, dizzy priority i reckon.

DE ECU will fuel the VE till 4k RPM correctly using 333cc (VE Injectors) and will run perfect.

I was never going to fit the VE Dizzy, Maf, ect for 2 reasons. 1. Replacements are a bitch. 2. Too much pissing about to get it running.

If only i was closer i would have to come down and get it running for you.

I would recommend getting the Loom back to stock mate, and fit DE parts.

Cheers guys what Iam going to do is just get all the parts off a sunny gti to be safe. Maf plug, injectors, maf loom, and DE dizzy and whole loom.
This may need me finding a sunny gti now. Bugger.

Just to throw the spanner in the works. What if I decided to fit the standalone ecu now as it is would it read all the miss matched parts and get to to start?.

Or really I should just go.back to basics and fit the sunny DE stuff back.

P.s spook if you have no need for the injectors, I'll possibly take them.

Okay guys will do...
p.s still on sunny gti ecu.

So plan

Sunny ecu- keep
Sr20ve distributor and wiring - Back to Sunny SR20DE distributor and loom
Sr20De Almera maf and plug- Back to SR20DE maf and plug

my VE conversion in my p10 is as close as you could get to yours, both highport, same dizzy etc, mine started first turn of the key and runs sweet as a nut with no messing around at all

do as everyone is saying, put the DE bits on it and you will be fine. im using a DE dizzy and coil, MAF, VE injectors and its mega rich at idle but it runs perfect and is hopefully going to keep doing so, il fit an n15 GTi MAF when its about to be mapped and its sorted, i think you have over complicated it from the start tbh. i nearly did the same, spent hours tracing every wire on the VE loom and was wanting to use that, its a waste of time complicating it when this way will work perfectly once mapped and has taken no time at all to do in comparison.

Id reckon around 1600 quid
Unfinished project as it is would be about right..

I've got the injectors mate so I'll try an pull them out tonight and see what postage will be. Do you want to pm me you address and I'll sort it out this week.

Okay, I have been thinking long and hard over the weekend.
If I am going to be eventually fitting a standalone ecu to run everything, why go back and fit the sunny gti parts back, only to get it started then go back on myself again?
The car is possibly not starting because the ecu is confused and can't read the different maf, injectors, and distributor.
So if Iam eventually going to fit this Aftermarket standalone ecu, I may as well leave the car as it is and fit it now, then try and get it started.
This standalone ecu, autronics/ vipec/ omex etc- still undecided will then be mapped and set./ programmed to read the miss match.
If it still does not fire then I will get the sunny gti parts back on.

when you putting it up for sale as an unfinished project?

he already did. for 3.5k! he took it down soon after a ribbing on here

Okay, I have been thinking long and hard over the weekend.
If I am going to be eventually fitting a standalone ecu to run everything, why go back and fit the sunny gti parts back, only to get it started then go back on myself again?
The car is possibly not starting because the ecu is confused and can't read the different maf, injectors, and distributor.
So if Iam eventually going to fit this Aftermarket standalone ecu, I may as well leave the car as it is and fit it now, then try and get it started.
This standalone ecu, autronics/ vipec/ omex etc- still undecided will then be mapped and set./ programmed to read the miss match.
If it still does not fire then I will get the sunny gti parts back on.

really really no. if the dizzy was wired correctly i think it'd start with the big injectors and maf, just run like shite. In which case i seriously can't see mapping affecting the dizzy thing

i'm certain it's purely the ve dizzy waste of time.

as sprint said his swap is similar to yours, mine's about fuckin identical too and if an engine freshly built by a n00b like me can start first turn so should this.

In fact i've just remembered something quite important potentially, while i've been saying use all the de stuff, which i still think is safest option til mapping, when Jez first fitted my ve injectors and almera maf on mapping day it ran seemingly ok even before he mapped around them. So the problem has to be in the dizzy.

I really think you need to stop fucking about and have it started before you think about standalone/mapping/nitrous any of that shit that will properly overcomplicate things

Calm down Craig, anyone will think this is your car your talking about with all the f'in and blind'in. Take a chill pill or go bully some Honda vetecs.
You have so much passion when you hear anything to do with ve. Relax babes.x

lol, yehhhhhhh mannn VVL is my life, vvl forevaarrrrrrrrr

no but seriously it's only cos i know it should be easy and from what i can tell you've gone round in circles for a while now when it shoulda been done, i find it frustrating lol.

i need someone else with a ve'd n14 to play with cos these n15 pussies will be no match :lol:

Back
Top Bottom