updates on the n14 vvl/ nos/ lsd project

Well, where do I start?
The baby and work is taking up most of my time so will have to update in bulk stages now..

Okay at times been working on the car and looking after the baby at the same time, whilst the misses catches up on some sleep.lol

Good old baby monitors.
IMAG3562.jpg

IMAG3563.jpg

Having abit of an engine fetish now..lol
IMAG3581.jpg

Went up to Shakeys on Sat.
Got set up etc...
IMAG3634.jpg

IMAG3635.jpg

Now this may be the last time I do drag racing in a while.
Totally wasted my day and only managed to get 1 run...pants.
The track was closed for nearly 2 hours whilst clearing a crash, and it was cold, and very busy, the cues were long.
I only had 3 hours as I needed to get back for the baby and misses.
So nearly £60 wasted today.

So my time on my first run, shit. But good?. Let me explian.
I did not set the car up right, was pissed about waiting so long in the cue, and just was not bothered.
However the good thing to note is my 14.900 with a 2.645 shitty 60ft and 95 terminal.
So this is definitely feeling quicker.
To set a 2.645 and still run in the 14's I thought was good.
I am used to running low 2's 60ft's.
Can't wait to see what a 2.1/ 2.2 60ft time brings.
IMAG3647.jpg

Tried to line up with this Almera Turbo, not sure if they are on here, 2 guys and a girl.
IMAG3638.jpg

Anyway as some of you have asked, got the car wrapped by Totally Dynamic in Enfield, North London.
They are coming back to me with a price for the whole car.
They are a good professional bunch.
IMAG3606-1.jpg

IMAG3605-1.jpg

You can see the colour difference.
IMAG3646.jpg

IMAG3645.jpg

Last but not least, the best part of Sat was the drive there and back, the car was flying.
Coming back however, I thought I was king of the road.
Then some car was flashing me to move, so I put my foot down, 4krpm, it's still there, 5krpm-6krpm in vvl, still there, 7krpm, still there so I move over, it goes right past me, based on what I was doing he must have been doing 140+.
It was one of these.
untitled.jpg

Looked it up on the net.
Vauxhall Corsa VXR in black.
1.6 turbo, tuned ones can do low 12's, 152mph top speed.
Have to say although my roof was looking like it was peeling off, and i didn't want to push too hard as the grp bonnet was flapping like mad, it had me. :(

I have now decided to stop drag racing, and keep it as a street car, fast road.
I have now also decided to also go SR20VE+t, starting to do some research and collecting bits.
Example...
CIMG9846.JPG

So till then, back in the garage to ponder.
IMAG3644.jpg

It will also be less time on here and more here.
IMAG3642.jpg

So see you when I see you...Peace

You have just posted a link to an astra engine conversion...

The VXR owners club were at shakies when we were a few years ago.

Their regal built 300+ HP just back from the nurburing flagship car got RUINED by a 20yr old ratty as Fuck civic.

And it had rusty arches.

I don't think some of you understand, this corsa was obviously not std. It was on the way back to London. So private motorway off course.
If iam doing 130, and it passes me it is clearly running bigger power.
What makes me laugh is your saying their slow.152 mph top end std. LOL

Ive seen civics reach 150mph.... 1.6 with no turbo

great a 152mph top speed... how long does it take to get there?

You need better cams before you do ANYTHING else

i dont think you understand that no-one really cares. bragging and bragging (nice signature) and then full of excuses. its comical, carry on!

Sri Alan, you seem to care by making comment on my thread..lol..who are you anyway..lol.
P.s back on topic, what excuses am I making? If on the motorway it beat me. So fcuking whatttttt. It will do the same to 95% of the cars on here...lol
My car is not invisible..lol it has 196bhp...the corsa could have been modified. P.s I do not need to explain myself anymore. I know what I was up against..
He got off the m40 towards the m4 way. If I find him again I'd like to know what he had.
Will search the forums.

Ah come on Andy, keep it N/A dude. Get some N1 cams and a decent header.

I think my Autech is slow as hell above 100mph, my old 1.6 turbo Almera would pull 100-130+ in seconds and felt strong, my autech takes forever to keep accelerating beyond 120mph...weak sauce.

The Corsa's turbo motor has a big torque advantage in 4th and 5th gear to pull away imo.
No shame in that..

0-100mph would probably be a different story and you'd edge out in front.

Cheers Dale, at least someone understands.
I am so not ashamed, we had several plays so was a laugh.
He gave me the thumbs up and hazard lights.
Was in 5 gear, I believe they are 6 speed.
I am sure most are aware the aerodynamics on the n14's are poor..lol
Anyway I am sure as you said from standstill I could have him..

Was just looking at Sr20ve turbos on the net, looks good.
I was thinking about it last week, because I was having a blat with a modified Evo 9. It was pulling away from me, but just about 2-3 car lengths.
This recent corsa blat just made my mind up.

Anyway, off to attend my child which is more relevant than if I get beat by a car doing 140mph..

Have a look at some of their 1/4 mile times.
Would shame most cars on here.

http://www.vxronline.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?45398-1-4-Mile-Time-Leader-Board

Back
Top Bottom