updates on the n14 vvl/ nos/ lsd project

You knew it was all over when a Saxo beat you! lol Only joking!

A lot of people on here are giving you some great advice and you seem quite dismissive, don't give up just yet! I don't want to be lonely in the 13's! :p

And so what it beats every other n/a car on the club bar dale.

P.s. how far can you take your car though, keeping it n/a?

Iam just beginning...there is an extra second in her still..lol

Why is everyone thinking my car is god.
It's a bone standard ve.
196bhp, and so close to wezz's 211bhp n1 ve time of 14.01.

With the extra 20bhp in mine, easy 13's.

Well so far mines just bolt ons and mild cams...

If I go the hole hog and do a full build, you can reliably acheive 200-220bhp from a 1.6! When considering you can get a Saxo down to 750kg an increase of 40-60bhp makes power to weight ratio figures shoot right up and we all know those are the figures you should be looking at!

You've seen my car at Shakey's since then I've lost another 40kg and have some lighter wheels which I'm yet to weigh, pretty sure with some better rubber it won't take me long before I can get into the 13's!

A guy on a Saxo forum I'm on is running 12.7 1/4s at Crail, N/A! Anything can be done! :p

cant really compare our times andy, my almera did the same terminal speed as dale and that was a 13.8, my non LSD gearbox just couldnt handle the 165lbs/ft so I couldnt get the power down. Dan then stripped the car even more so when it comes back out to play it WILL be into the 13's. Dan did a 14.55 @ 92mph at york so that must have been an epic 60ft, without the exhaust cam switching so it will have been way down on power. I did a 14.52@ 94mph with a 2.25 60ft in EMO for comparison

I think its quiet the achievement to have a 14.0 with a 1.6 engine and all without a 42 page thread about a 13 second pass that is still unachieved :rolleyes:

Not trying to dig, just pointing out. I am sure you will get them this year with future plans, header, cams etc :)

Iam on 16' rims, you bitches roll on 14'.s.
Kilcosdc, at least Iam trying.
My trial and error as seen my times drop.
15.53-15.30-15.03-14.89-14.58-14.30-14.12.
13's is just round this long corner...lol

Wezz get that ve built then and in emo before I get to the 13's barrier.

Saxo boy.
750kg, my sunny around 1050.
Work out the power to weight ratio...

Hally is on 16s too...and we never really saw what that could do.
There is going to be some hot competition i think this year...with a few more cars running 13s.

Hally is on 16s too...and we never really saw what that could do.
There is going to be some hot competition i think this year...with a few more cars running 13s.

hmm yeah I reckon I can get it down a little, we'll have to see.

Back
Top Bottom