Wezz takes it up the emo bum

I'd say as a guide.. Whip 2mm off the end, 1mm off the leading edge of the seal collar, and chamfer it as well.
That's what I ended up doing to the second shaft.
Although the first one we did only needed the 2 mm off the end, and a slight chamfer of the seal collar, so who knows hahah.
Hence why I said use the grease method so you know exactly what's fouling on where.
How far out does it seem?
Joe

yeh i know what you mean gadge. hmm not far, id say mine is more like happy harrys, its like half a holes length out on the bracket that bolts to the block

shes on the floor looking low and mint :) just need to tackle the wiring tonight and i need the gear linkage bracket and bush that fastenes to the rear mount with 2 studs on it

it physically wouldnt fit without a trim, the dowels on the bracket wouldnt line up at all, it was still kind of tricky even after id cut it but hey ho its on :)

This explains the issue with the GTi shaft i fitted to my box after i broke down in sheffield a few months ago.

Being an SR20 noob, i didnt realise i could remove the shaft without taking the bracket off, so i removed it complete.

I fitted the complete GTi Shaft, but the bracket dowels didnt line up on the block very well, i managed to fit one bolt in only....and have been driving it like that since.

Oh well, at least i know why it didnt fit right and can sort it now! On the plus side it took plenty of abuse at Shakeys like that...hahaha

Wezz, keep this N14 N/A, you know you want to do an SR14DE 82.5mm x 67mm...lol

so the AOC consensus is that to fit at GTi shaft into an LSD box it needs trimming and thats why it wouldnt fit in my LSD box..

can we not jsut start a new thread about this issue with the shafts and ppl put there ideas about whats happening and whats gone wrong in there so its not coming up in EVERY thread that has a gti shaft and lsd box

still havent drove it yet as i still need the gear linkage bracket and the tracking is way out with fitting the coilovers, also still need to put the exhaust on so wont make shakeys neither unfortunately, would have been a bit iffy driving all that way and racing just after fitting it all so im just going to make a track day instead :)

Back
Top Bottom