Who's feeling the effect of the higher petrol prices?

£37 @ 116.9 is 6.96 gallons so 244 miles is 35mpg
£35 @ 119.9 is 6.42 gallons so 325 miles is 50.6mpg which is a 44% improvement.

I do about 50-55mph on the M1 on my way home from work lately to try and stretch the diesel a bit further. I drive to work slower too but don't always set off early enough to drive that slow and still get there on time.

Thanks Mark, I've never been too good with numbers, esp as you buy it in litres ... And yes, it's not a Xantia, but a GTi - I haven't been too impressed with its daily drive consumption, but 50mpg for motorway use is a lot better than I would've expected :) . And like I said, there was a good 20 minutes at least of 2nd and 3rd gear driving on M1 too. Think I might get it tuned soon then and see just how much more economical it can get...

OMG,

My little country town in Western Australia has pretty high petrol prices and it is the equivalent of 0.86 GBP and in Perth, its about 0.77 GBP!

Wow, and us aussies thought we had high prices....

Mind you, the quality of your fuels are quite possible not at dilute as our "petrol"...

I'm going to just get loads of oil drums and spend £1000 on fuel, then store it for when I have the GTi back. Should last at least a week then.

lol corbs

mr brown is "demanding" that garages further cut the price of petrol as some are still selling it at 1.19/l

one in cairneyhill is... i lolled

True and its a tough lesson learnt, but on the plus side i can get the car how i want it and not pay any petrol for a year :p i was just unlucky ha

lol
i said that

i was unlucky. no i was a cock - i got my license took off me because i broke the law,

one day you will say that too, nothing to do with luck when you are breaking the rules

oh yeah ill admit i broke the law but when you see your mates blatently racing in a known race area like hams hall doing 100mph in a 30mph zone lap after lap and the coppers just give them a little warning it kind of takes the piss when i raced for 5 or so seconds up to about 50mph in a totally deserted area and receive a 12 month ban and 700 quid fine, id say thats harsh. But then again id never race on the road ever again now i know how easy it is to receive a 12 month ban, just isnt worth it. Doesnt help when the bloke that gave my first 3 points 18 months ago is the one that caught me racing, prob thought right you obviously havent learnt your lesson. And to be honest thats a fair point.

Anyway, well off topic, ill stop waffling lol

so you dont normally break the law but you got off with 3 points last time so when the same copper seen you doing yet more dangerous stunts even though he had given you a warning, in my eyes the best thing he could do would be to take you off the roads!

maybe in 18 months if he had given you another warning, you may have been doing something even worse again! this time killing innocent people, in his eyes, he could not take that risk there for the result in your outcome

Back
Top Bottom