1998 Almera Si

lol. that's not quite how I boged it. looked proper when I did it :D. I took the EGR pipe off completely, modified the end that didn't fit (I think I shortened the collar) and bolted it in with some exhaust sealant putty on the threads to make sure it didn't leak at all. how's it drive now?

looks good man, nice erm connection :P

if you get bored of the header, look my way :)

noticed any difference?

24SEVEN said:
lol. that's not quite how I boged it. looked proper when I did it :D. I took the EGR pipe off completely, modified the end that didn't fit (I think I shortened the collar) and bolted it in with some exhaust sealant putty on the threads to make sure it didn't leak at all. how's it drive now?

with the ghetto EGR connection, we couldnt get the big nut off the other end to take the pipe off to modify, so the ghetto fire gum was a ghetto temporary measure to make it useable. we found that the thread would start, take a 1/4 turn then pull back out, so i put some firegum in the thread, started the thread and put some round it. i didnt realise firegum expanded as much, hence the ghetto look.

with regards to driveability, loads better. i was suprised. to start with, my mate came over yesterday morning to help as he was - ahem - ill - and off work, we 'retro' fitted the manifold but struggled us knackers off trying to undo the secondry cat bolts, which were seized totally. so it was a spirited journey to our exhaust friendly mate phil was when i first thought, hold up, this is better... so after he also struggled his knackers off with the cat bolts, which eventuallly persuaded off with a plasma cutter, he got the silenced de cat in. the drive to my mates was a lot better. we then set the timing to 17', then on the blast home it all came together.

compared to standard, it seems to have lost the GA14DE flat spot around 2.5k - 3.5k, its quicker through 1st and 2nd and it doesnt throw a paddy fit and refuse to go anywhere in 3rd. pulled over 110 leptons earlier, which is good going i thought, theres more left as well.....

all in all its a 100% better. not necessarily quicker, but a lot more useable. AND it throw huge bangs between gears :D sounds awesome to be fair.....

so its big thanks to guy :D cheers pal!

hehe. yeah I kinda liked the pop during spirited gearchanges as well. I deffo found mine to have a bit more steam at higher RPM. standard it would run out of puff around 5.5k but with the de-cat (non silenced) PPX induction and manifold it would pull healthily up to around 6.5k. The biggest difference I noticed was low down tho. Mine had a facked exhaust gasket on the standard manifold so it had a mahooooooosive flatspot around 2-3.5k but the obx cleared that up (and it didn't come back when I refitted the standard one either) but standard vs obx it was a hellof a lot more driveable at low RPM and around town. Compared to my 1.8 306, I reckon the obx on the GA14 was easier to drive in traffic (but then my 306 has a stiff-as-fuck clutch cable).

24SEVEN said:
hehe. yeah I kinda liked the pop during spirited gearchanges as well.

ok, now i seem to have flames when it pops between gears as well :D

running well for tomorrow, be good to see what times it puts in!

sounds good mate! fancy a proper manifold now

well compare pops tomorrow, not as big as they used to be now ive advanced the timing but driving along i can still make it pop like 20 times as the revs come down from the redline through engine brakeing :P call me a kid i dont care lol

CoV said:
sounds good mate! fancy a proper manifold now

well compare pops tomorrow, not as big as they used to be now ive advanced the timing but driving along i can still make it pop like 20 times as the revs come down from the redline through engine brakeing :P call me a kid i dont care lol

mine wont do that

it just bangs and sparks a small flame between gears lol slight overfuel one-thinks :D

mine hasnt flamed since i fitted the resonated de-cat over the straight pipe. but id rather have that than a rasp.

Theres a particular place i like making mine pop, small railway bridge, in 1st and change into 2nd at high revs just as i pass under, it pops so loud the people walking under the bridge, hands over the head thinking theyve been shot at! cheers me up no end after a long day at work haha im mean i know!

mine never flamed. I advanced the timing to almost 20* with no pinking on 95ron at all, so it probably burned a little cleaner. either way the popping and banging on the Si is nothing compared to the induction noise on my 306 :D.

now with phase 2 rear plate surround... cheers to the corbsinator.... number from sunday has been cleaned off now.....

IMG_0234.jpg

nah VZR style then itll be true JDM style.

i cant help remember back to mk3 excort era when i see orange indicators, they just shout OLD! to me.

corbs are the parts i got from you from pablos GTi?

Umm, the brake assembly was (The pads were off Stevo though), and the front suspension was off Alex1's red GTi.

Phase 2 lights pwn :P

i dunno. P2's make it look cleaner, but after thrashin about tonight i looked at it before i came in, llike a kid looks at his new majorette toy car, and i love the rawness of the P1. need to start shopping round to get her welded up so it might pass the mot in jan....

I like the thing you have done with the air filter, have you noticed any difference when driving it? does any1 think something like a K&N appollo closed system would make much difference to what tommo has done?

brought myself a picture from eclipse photos from shakespeare county raceway, i was the last on track last night at 5:30pm, ran against a scooby hence it looks like im on my own lol

IMG_0249.jpg

also just thought id pop this up, my time sheet from yesterday, its a 1.4Si so dont expect miracles, but....

IMG_0244.jpg

in my eyes thats an awesome time for a 1 ton 1400 almera, so the 1.6 boys better start pullin there fingers out there arses, this things goin into the 16's next yr :D

and yes that IS 2.418 60ft, not bad eh?! and judging by the time sheet, its in the 10's to 60mph as well. WOOP!

Back
Top Bottom