1998 Almera Si

Nice vid tommo, sounds sweet and seems like it moves nicely too.
Good ole 1.4's cant beat em, cheap tax and insurance, and plenty of fun.

cheers pal.

got the grinding sound sorted, it was the brakes, they have worn a lip on the inside, its strange, pics later...

great cars the 1.4's, drive them like you stole them all day everyday and they just dont give up, mine got abuse for 13k and alot of long hard drives around country roads and never missed a beat!

does yours redline at 7k? im sure my old one was at 6.5k, revved to 7200 on the gauge though.

i have no idea where it exactly redlines mate. the original tacho showed it limit at 7100rpm and since i had random tacho death i swapped it for a gti one and it shows it limit at 7200rpm.

watchin that video, although its not exactly fast, it does look and sound like it pulls clean all the way round the rev guage. i like :D

anyway, back to random brakes. when i swapped the brakes i found the following on the inside of both front discs:

Image018.jpg

ive never seen a lip form like that before, its was starting to struggle braking, and making grinding noises. its pissed me off slightly because although the pads are still really thick, almost new id say, they are now useless due to the lip worn into them.

ergh.

right were back on form. 12 months test, 6 months tax and 12 months insurance (£320 tpft and i can drive other cars) got the dented door sorted and itsd clean at last. brakes are now fine and its all lookin ok at the min, roll on the shows and shakespeare county raceway :)

fartin about for mot

Image006-1.jpg

pics of the exhaust off the car

de-cat:

Image005-1.jpg

5Zigen backbox:

Image004-3.jpg

and despite popular belief it is actually red :)

Image008g.jpg

Image003h.jpg

cheers.

tom.

yeah corbs mentioned it to me about it locking and unlocking constanley

Im sure i was reading a thread with a similar issue in the GTI section might help a bit

that was a guess, and it made sense, but meh, ripped that out anyway lol. just gonna add i wipped a new mini cooper the other night, unless it was a mini one kitted up to look like it. silly idea, id never make my car look like something its not :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom