1998 Almera Si

Dont use the spare wheel one tom, get the one that just has a one way valve, tis way cheaper and easy to use, just takes ages.

import style, new for 2008, replacing jdm style. dark smoke so it doesnt impede my vision too much, limo tint sucks. very happy :)

Photo-0238.jpg

Photo-0237.jpg

Photo-0240.jpg

Photo-0239.jpg

tom.

awesome mates, Ive been toying with the idea of tints for a while now...... would be in keeping with the black bits theme

Yeah, I've got limo tint on rear windscreen - I like the look of it but main problem is that when you get ahead of some twat who's been fucking about, I don't think they can see the :hand: gesture. Need a neon sign or summat. Lookin' good tho, marra

best N15 ever?!...... EPIC FAIL :lol: its not that good!

im not a huge fan of the JDM plate surrounds to be honest, bit too bulky for my liking...

cheers lads :)

chain tensioners next i reckon...

How much did the tints knock you back tommo, they look well.

Your welcome to bring your motor down mine to do your chain tensioners one of the weekends.

How much did the tints knock you back tommo, they look well.

Your welcome to bring your motor down mine to do your chain tensioners one of the weekends.

paid £120, did it in an hour n half, top job as well. was a bit dubious when i went to pick it up but went out to look an hour or so ago and its dried lovely, goes darker as it dries as well... highly recommended with stripped interior, from an aesthetics point of view, it takes the untidyness away from that first glance when you see the remains of sound deadening stuck to the floor :D

and cheers for that offer dale, ill probably take you up on that, with a few bevvys thrown your way for your knowledge :) not gotta take the chain of i presume, haynes makes it sound so easy :s

Thats not a bad price, and yeah i know what you mean about the tints hiding the stripped interior.

Its quite straight forward to do both tensioners, its just rather tight/ arkward. I remember the first time i attempted it (during ga16de head swap) it seemed nigh on impossible to access the lower tensioner.
A few things have to come off, but the chain stays in.

jus read the whole thread form the start as I was bored and wanted some ideas, amazing work Tommo and makes me wanna get Si into gear.

both in 2 hrs? awesome! what am i ordering then dale? upper and lower chain TENSIONER? dont suppose theres any part numbers flyin around is there? guessin 14 and 16 will be the same, so there should be no confusion... needs doin asap now, rattlin its knackers off now ive changed the oil, need some wynns to thicken it up a bit......

cheers dale :)

should only be one tensioner tom, its the guides were there is an upper and lower one, or on either side of the chain i think it is

The GA has two tensioners, two chains and two guides.

I havent got parts no's though Tom, sorry.

You'll also need a gasket for the lower tensioner so make sure it comes with one, if not, order one.

im off work monday as a JAE recovery day so ill go up my local nissan stealership and get them sorted. dependant on how clever the monkeys in there are feeling of course...

cheers dale, appreciate this help.

sooner there done the better now though, since ive changed the oil the chain is very rattley. its fine under load, just rattly on tickover up to about 2krpm (by ear).... put some wynns oil treatment in today to quieten it down a tad, also some injector treatment. had new plugs and leads the other week so she should be tip-top for the weekend :)

Back
Top Bottom